chapter 24.

25th April - saturday

liam chuckles as the baby he's holding pulls his brown, messy hair. the two of them play together on the grass in his front garden. it's midday and the sun is shining through the clouds. the wind is blowing, fiercely causing the baby to shiver and squeal at liam. he attempts to calm her down and console but his attempts fail, miserably.

just then, chantelle storms out of her house and looks around, her tired eyes zoning in on them. she sighs and slowly crosses over to liam's garden.

"what is going on here?" she whispers looking at liam. liam chuckles at chantelle and beckons her over. she slowly walks towards them. her eyes widen in slight fascination and shock.

"is that a.. baby?" she asks rubbing her eyes. liam snickers and rolls his eyes as milan, the baby, reaches for chantelle.

"no, it's a dog." liam retorts sarcastically. chantelle rolls her eyes and takes the baby into her welcoming brown arms. milan squeals as chantelle tickles her little stomach.

liam watches as the two play together. milan waves her tiny chubby arms in chantelle's brown, tired face. chantelle makes a pouty face and sticks her tongue out. milan giggles and looks back over to liam.

"she's so cute." chantelle says playing with her super curly light brown hair. liam smiles in agreement. "what's her name?"

"milan," liam says looking back at the baby as chantelle strokes her soft fingers. chantelle smirks as liam gets closer to the two of them.

"a cute name for a very cute baby," she murmurs. liam shrugs, nonchalantly and takes milan back into his arms.

"yeah, she's cute. but she always seems to pull my hair and hit me a lot." liam complains as milan tries to clasp the grass into her curious hands. chantelle shakes her head and smiles, softly.

"that's what babies do." she says looking at liam. liam looks up at her and raises an eyebrow, at her querying expression.

"what?" he says his voice low and slightly mischievous. chantelle shrugs as she watches milan play with her tiny feet.

"it's 12:19 and I haven't seen you all day." she comments looking down at her watch. "and your curtains were closed so i couldn't see you."

"aw, you wanted to see me?" liam asks a small grin on his plump lips. she sighs with a small nod. he smiles and puts his arm over her shoulder and squishes their bodies together. chantelle looks straight ahead, not able to look up at him, because she can't move.

"is this the way.. you hug people?" she says her words are muffled as her cheek presses on his chest, tightly. he laughs his chest moving up and down, causing chantelle to move with him.

"yes.." he says pulling away so he can see her face. then he drags milan away from the grass, so she doesn't eat it. chantelle chuckles as milan waves her arms around, wildly.

"you know what? let's go to the café." liam suggests placing a kiss on milan's chubby cheek. milan's big eyes crease as she smiles, showing her red gums.

"with the baby?" chantelle asks unsure. liam sighs, heavily before tutting at her.

"no, we're just going to leave her here on the side of the road; alone." he says very sarcastically. chantelle hits his shoulder and glares at him.

"stop with the sarcasm." she says as he picks up milan and throws her in the air. liam smirks and ignores chantelle.

"sarcasm is my thing." he says glancing towards her. chantelle snorts in an unruly manner and rolls her eyes.