chapter 43.

6th May - wednesday

"hey! watch out!" callum's voice calls out to chantelle as she bumps into a girl.

chantelle looks up from her phone and realises that the girls juice has been spilled.

"oh! i'm so sorry..." she says, apologetic before looking up at who it is.

her brown straight hair sways gently as she shakes her head. her light brownish-hazel eyes are enchanting as they melt into her smooth, light brown skin. she stares at chantelle, her expression soft.

"it's okay, no worries." the girl says brushing it off as chantelle watches her, carefully.

"i don't think we've ever had the chance to meet. i'm chantelle." she says before standing up, her phone in her hand.

"that's probably because i'm always in the art department. i'm beatrice." she says her light, brown lips turning up into a smile. "most people call me, bea."

suddenly, callum runs up to the two of them with a load of wet wipes and tissues.

"here." he says handing the tissue to chantelle, who is very surprised to see him all of a sudden.

"when did you get here?" she asks, confused. he shakes his head at her, disappointed.

"i was the one who called out to you-- then this happened." he explains watching chantelle begin to wipe up the floor.

she notices beatrice's white vans are decorated with a lovely floral design.

"did you design these yourself?" chantelle asks, handing callum the rubbish. he looks at her, slightly baffled before rolling his eyes.

i guess this is what i deserve.

"yes, with acrylic paint." she says watching chantelle as she thinks for a moment. "i was actually surprised they turned out this well."

"i love them!" she says before looking down at her own white vans with a small grin.

"don't tell me... you want me to do yours?" she guesses, putting a hand on her frail hip. chantelle nods, excitedly like a child.

"i mean.. you might as well, look at them they're ruined." she appeals, a small pout on her face. "if it helps, i'll pay you since it was my fault this happened anyway."

"i wasn't planning on doing it for free anyway." bea exclaims, cheekily. chantelle laughs, at her wit.

"i'll bring the shoes tomorrow.. so what's the price?" she asks, kindly. bea ponders on that, whilst twirling her hair around her fingers slowly.

"£5.00" she says her eyes glistening. chantelle nods but then smirks.

"i'll give you six since, you're so cute." chantelle says, smiling, widely. bea chuckles and holds out her hand.

"deal." she says as chantelle shakes her hand, pleased. callum clears his throat, interrupting their conversation.

"yes. they are going to look great on you- but chantelle i have to speak to you about something." he says smiling, softly as chantelle watches him, curiously.

"okay.. sure." she says before waving goodbye to beatrice. "see you round, bea."

"bye." bea says before walking away in the opposite direction.

"what did you want to tell me?" she asks as they start to walk towards the canteen together.

"i just wanted to say... thank you for giving me the courage to break up with lydia." he says, causing chantelle to look at him very surprised.