Unexpected(Harry)

Songs-

T-Shirt- Birdy

Flightless Bird, American Mouth- Iron and Wine

Ready For Anything- Landon Austin

Something Great- One Direction

Two pink lines. Two lines to alter everything. I held my future in my hands, sat on the edge of the bathroom tub.

What's this going to be like? I know Harry didn't want a family this soon. We weren't ready. But are you ever really prepared for the responsibility of a baby, regardless your age?

With a shaky hand, I place the pregnancy test on the counter top and stand to my feet. I grasp the counter and bow my head, closing my eyes. I look up into the mirror and examine myself. I lift my shirt to show my stomach. Nothing is visible yet. I sigh, leaving the bathroom and heading for Harry and mines room. I lay down onto the duvet, pulling the blanket at the end of the bed over my body.

~Harry's POV~

The sound of my feet on the floor in the kitchen was all that was heard in the quiet house. Sidney must be out. I set my keys on the plate by the door and shrug the coat from off my shoulders. I hang it in the closet and shut the door. I slip my shoes off before I walk onto the white carpet; I know how weird Sidney is about that.

I trudge up the stairs, my feet heavy from a long day at work. I open the door to the bathroom. As I make my way for the toilet, something on the counter catches my eye. I take in in my large hand, staring at it with tired eyes.

I know what this is; I've seen enough dramatic chick flicks with Sidney to know what it is and what the two lines mean. That's when realization hits me like a ton of bricks.

Unless another anonymous female lives here, this is Sidney's. Sidney's pregnant.

I sit down on the toilet lid, my eyes still on the stick in my hands. I put it back on the counter and put my face in my hands, overwhelmed with the looming responsibility a child holds. I stand again, leaning my head down near the sink and splash water on my face. Maybe this is a dream.

We just got married a year ago, are we ready for this?

I stare at the reflection of myself, my green eyes wide and wary. They soften when I hear a sniffle come from our bedroom. The faint light coming from the end of the hallway beckons me, as I know she's in there. The door is not all the way closed, so I open it to see her lying on the bed, curled up in a ball, the blanket pulled all the way up to her chin.

Her head whips around as I sit on the bed, her red-rimmed eyes meeting mine.

"Oh, you're home, I must not have heard you come in, sorry I didn't have dinner ready, I can go do that n-"

I silence her, "No, it's okay, how about I make it?"

"You saw it, didn't you?" she asks.

I nod, "Yeah."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen, I must not have taken the pill that day or something, I know you didn't want a baby yet," she closes her eyes as another round of tears escapes her eyes.

"Babe. Look at me," I say, taking her face in my hand.

She opens her eyes, "I love you. And I know I said that, but now that it's finally here, I couldn't be more excited to start a family with you."

Her bottom lip trembles, "Do you mean it?"

I lift the blanket so I can get underneath, taking her in my arms as she snuggles closer to me, "I do. You mean more to me than you know. This baby is going to be spoiled rotten with the love their parents are going to give them."

My hand rubs slightly over her stomach.

"You're the best husband a girl could ask for, you know that?" she tells me.

"No, but I sure try. I love you."

She smiles as she kisses my lips, laughing as I playfully squeeze her sides.