Burn(Niall)

Songs-

Mama's Broken Heart- Miranda Lambert

I'm Not The Only One- Sam Smith

Bottom Of The River- Delta Rae

Put The Gun Down- ZZ Ward

~Niall's POV~

My fingers fumble with the buttons on my shirt as I scurry to get dressed. I tuck the tail into the back of my trousers, doing the belt buckle back up. I slip the shoes back onto my feet and smooth out any wrinkles that have appeared on my pressed suit. My hand runs through my hair as I make my way through the door without looking back.

~ Rachel's POV~

I wipe away a spot of sauce on the pristine white plate, smiling as I set the chicken onto the onto it. My heels clack against the hardwood floor as I retrieve the wine from the rack it is placed on. I unscrew the cork and watch as the red liquid fills the glass. I look into the mirror and dab away the red lipstick out of place. I tuck a piece of blond hair behind my ear, bringing my hand back down to observe my perfectly manicured nails. My black dress stays in its place as I sit down on the plush chair.

The candles are lit on the dining room table. I wait for him to come home.

The minutes tick by, the clock the only thing heard in the spacious dining room. I tap my fingers on the mahogany of the table, staring at the empty chair opposite of me. The phone beside me buzzed. It was a text from Niall.

*I'm not going to make it to dinner tonight, too much work*

I sigh as I set down the phone, standing from off my feet. I take the plate in my hands, looking at the beautifully prepared food. I lift my hand in the air and throw the china at the wall, the food flying everywhere. I yell out in exasperation as the reality I never wanted to face finally settles itself into my troubled mind.

I storm down the hallway and into our seemingly untouched room. The pillows from the bed scatter across the floor as I rip the bedspread off the mattress. I reach for the pair of scissors I keep in the bedside table and go to town on the satin sheets. I head for the closet, throwing all his clothes onto the floor; his dress shirts, his pants, his hats, his shoes- everything. The window flies open with one swift flick of my wrist. The expensive clothes fall to the ground in the dark night.

My feet carry me to his personal room, where all of his instruments are. I smile maniacally as I take two of them off the wall. I head out to the back yard, noticing all of his clothes strewn over the freshly cut grass. I throw the guitars on the ground harshly, hearing the wood crack. I continue until every guitar he had bought is lying in a broken heap in the back yard. Two bottles of Niall's favorite bourbon dangle from my hands. I open one and pour its content onto the polished wood of the instruments. It's followed by the next bottle. I throw the glasses against the house, watching as they shatter across the patio into a thousand tiny pieces. I pull a match from the match box I'm holding, striking it against the side. I toss it onto the mound of broken guitars and watch as the pile ignites.

Every song played, every note sang to me burns, crackling along with the wood. The strings break and the sparks fly.

"Rachel?"

I turn around to meet a confused and enraged Niall.

"Hello, sweetheart," I say, venom lacing the words that leave my mouth.

"What the hell is going on?" he shouts as he approaches me.

"Just having a bonfire."

His mouth is agape as he watches the flames consume his possessions.

"Are those my guitars?!" he all but screams at me, realizing what I'm using to fuel the fire.

The grin I had been wearing watching the fire disappears, my eyes suddenly seeing red.

"How dare you cheat on me on our wedding anniversary!"

He seems caught off guard, stumbling back a little as I inch my way towards him. I hear the crunch of the glass underneath my black stilettos.

"Rachel, you know I'd never do that," he reasons.

"Then where have you been every night for the last month? And don't tell me work, because I can practically smell the alcohol on your breath from here!"

He has nothing to say to me.

"Get out," I mutter to him, my voice low.

He shakes his head, "What? No way, this is my house too!"

I walk past him and into the house. In his room are his golf clubs; I grab a wedge and make my way outside to where his Audi is parked. I can hear him following me, throwing out profanities, but I'm to focused to listen.

I raise the club above my head and take a swing to the headlight. Niall screams behind me as I bring the wedge down again on the hood. The onslaught of the car continues.

I then stop, throw the club to the ground and stalk off towards the house, locking it behind me and arming the alarm system, but not before throwing the wedding ring he gave me at his face. In the wake of all chaos, I changed the pins to get in. Niall was locked out. I enter our room and look around me. I grab a new set of sheets and place them on the bed, all the while Niall is constantly pounding on the front door. I place the pillows back on, strip down to my under where and climb into bed, drowning out Niall with the music on my phone.

I slept very soundly that night.