Anesthesia(Any boy of your choice)

Songs-

Requiem On Water- Imperial Mammoth

Roslyn- Bon Iver and St Vincent

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart- Ariana Grande

I stood, alone and cold as the rain poured onto my head, soaking right to my very core. The nightmare I never thought would come true crawled its way from the pit of hell it lived in and grabbed ahold of my ankle, struggling to take me under with it. His walk is stark as he makes his way back down the sidewalk, taking everything I had ever given him and dragging it on the wet ground.

His rain stained coat was etched into the depths of my mind. The lips that were pressed into a hard line flash across the painful memories that I thought were gone. His hooded eyes would not meet my own, his large hands in the back pockets of his dark jeans. The words spoken were a constant reminder that you didn't always get what you wanted in life.

"I fell out of love with you."

Numb. Numb is all I feel. Silence is all I hear despite the downpour. Darkness is all I see and it's blinding. My legs move from under me without my knowledge. I saunter to the nearest park bench and sit, waiting for the loneliness to consume me as reality snickers right in my face, pointing its finger in a childish manner.

I wrap my arms around my chest to attempt to keep the fragile pieces from falling into my lap. I want to cry, but nothing comes. Just more despair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His beautiful smile curls at the corners of his pink lips, his eyes screwed shut as his laughter escapes his mouth. The grip of his hand on mine tightens as he pulls me closer, his grin still eminent as his chest rises and falls, his face inching closer to mine. The gentle caress of his lips on mine sends me into a blissful dream, his fingertips touching over the sensitive skin on my hip.

"I love you," he whispers, his voice just loud enough for me to hear.

When I think that all is good, he starts to collapse in my arms. His weight brings me down with him, causing us to fall to the stony ground beneath us. His hands leaves mine, has limp body lapsing into a state I never wanted to see him in.

I watch with horrified eyes as all the life leaves him. I kneel down and take his face in my hands and sob, not wanting to grasp what just happened. His name tumbles off my lips as I bring his lifeless body to my own, shaking him as if to wake him from a peaceful slumber. But to no avail, he never wakes.

Everything slowly dissipates until I'm left alone, once more, in the dark abyss that is my soul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake, screaming his name. My voice falters as I realize he's not there. The side of his bed is empty. I clutch the comforter to my chest, chuckling darkly at the irony of the name. Reality seeps its way back into the room, creeping along the floor, making its way over the edges of the bed; my throat seems to constrict, my breathing cut short as the strong fingers of realization clamp around my neck.

I sob as I picture him holding me close. His arms wrapped securely around me, his warm breath washing over my face as he assures me everything will be okay.

His names flashes across the brightly lit screen of my phone. My fingers tremble as I hit the button I knew I was going to regret later, but my sullen personality had other plans. It reaches his cheery voicemail which alone sets off another round of hysterics.

"I love you. I know you may not love me, but I won't ever stop loving you. You were my everything and now you're gone. And I know that if I really love, I can let you leave. I love you, and I hope you can find someone who can love you like I did. Goodbye."

I make my phone fly, it shattering when it hits the wall opposite me, its pieces scattered all over the floor, a perfect representation of my heart. I laugh out of pure insanity as I flop back down on the cold bed, silence encompassing me in its deadly grip.

As I close my eyes, it's almost as if I hear him say I love you back.

But the mind is a cruel place.