New At This(Niall)

Songs-

Tenerife Sea- Ed Sheeran

Ready For Anything- Landon Austin

The Ladder- Andrew Belle

Reach- Andrew Belle

Niall's POV

The loud wail of the squirming baby on my wife's chest brings me from my jumbled thoughts, my attention zoning in on what has become most precious thing to happen to me. I suddenly realize what is happening when a nurse pushes a pair of scissors into my shaking hand. Rachel is too infatuated with the baby girl on her chest to pay attention to me.

"Would you like to cut the cord, Mr. Horan?" she asks.

She guides my hand to the designated spot, almost helping me cut it. I don't realize I'm crying til Rachel says something to me, her voice like my anchor among all this chaos.

"Niall, come meet your daughter," she tells me, her hands otherwise engaged, her cheeks soaked in tears, just like mine.

I walk over to her, skeptical if this is really happening. My fingers trace over her velvety skin, her reacting to my touch. Her screams have quieted, her nuzzling her face closer to the bare skin of her mother's chest.

"Okay, love, we're going to take her away, the next one is ready to meet you," she grins, taking the infant away.

I look back down at Rachel, her face red and flushed as she repeats the grueling process. Before I know it, another screaming infant makes her way into the world. She's louder than the last one.

I look over to the other side of the room, watching as they measure her; her weight, her height, everything. They begin to swaddle her up in a pink blanket, replacing her with the other one. She seems content, only a few noises escaping her pink lips. I reach down to touch her round cheek. This is so unreal.

A nurse walks over to me, another baby in her arms.

"Would, you like to hold your baby?"

She places her in my arms, her small body fitting perfectly into my arms. She's still crying, her eyes closed as she adjusts to me, her little body naturally snuggling closer to me.

"Hello, love, its nice to finally meet you," I tell the little girl in my arms.

I look down at Rachel, she's gazing back up at me, "We made these," I tell her.

She chuckles slightly, a few tears still making their way down her cheeks, "And I already love them so much it hurts."

I can only agree with her, my heart swelling with love. How you can you love something so small, so much? Literally, nothing could be more perfect than this. I see the way Rachel is watching the baby in my arms. I gently lay her in Rachel's open her arm. I sit down on the bed next to my three favorite girls, an emotion so overwhelming taking over me, I nearly fall over.

"Hello, I'm so glad you're finally here, I've been waiting for you for so long," I hear Rachel coo.

"Do you have any names for them?" a nurse wonders as we stare in awe over our newborns.

Rachel nods, "Annie Elizabeth for the first one," Rachel gestures to the one in her left arm, "And Eleanor Fay for this one over here."

I can't take my eyes off them, they seem too perfect to be real.

"Do you wanna hold Annie, since you've already held Eleanor?" Rachel asks me.

I grin as I lift her off of Rachel, bringing her close to my chest. She begins to open her eyes, observing the new surroundings.

"You're just beautiful, you know that?" I whisper to her.

"I'm sorry to say, but we need to take them away for a bit, and get you cleaned up, alright?" a nurse comes to the side of Rachel's bed.

I watch as they roll the two tiny bundles out of the room, their cries becoming slightly louder as the distance between them and their mother grows. The nurse closest to us turns to Rachel, a small smile on her face as she notices the look on her features.

"They'll be alright, don't worry. Just running some little tests," she assures the two of us.

I nod, along with Rachel, her hand slipping into mine as she watches them also.

I lay down next to her, kissing her forehead, "You did so good, darlin. Thank you for giving me the most wonderful thing I could have asked for."

She turns her head, "I love you."

I press a soft kiss to her lips, brushing a stray hair away from her face.

"I'm gonna go tell the boys, but I'll be right back, don't worry."

She nods, kissing me once more before I get up and leave. I walk down the long hallway to the door, emerging. The boys all stand, smiles on their faces.

"Two beautiful screaming girls, they take after their mother."

They embrace me in a group hug.

"Congrats, dad!" Liam tells me.

I can't help but think of those two little girls that will call me dad one day.

~2 hours later~

I watch them through a thin pane of glass. Louis comes up behind me and slaps me on the back.

"It's a great feeling, isn't it?" he asked me.

"Yeah, unbelievable though."

"I remember the first time me and Page went to hospital. It was magical, watching your firstborn come into the world. I'm always going to hold that experience close to my heart, when I first held my new son. Treasure it while it lasts."

I beam as I peer down at my two new princesses, "I just love them so much already."

"I know the feeling man," Louis murmurs.

We sit in silence for a moment before he leaves me to be alone with my babies.