We'll Be Okay(Harry)

Songs-

To Build a Home- Cinematic Orchestra

Requiem on Water- Imperial Mammoth

West- Sleeping At Last

Shine- Birdy

I can't believe this.

My mind isn't able to register the information that I just received. I stare blankly at the wall, my hands going numb in my lap. You'd think that I would be crying, but to no avail, the tears don't come.

What will he think when he finds out?

Without thinking, I'm on my feet and moving towards the door leading to the garage. I didn't even realize I already had the keys in my hand. I sit in the drivers seat and mindlessly pull out of my driveway.

I don't know where I'm going. I just know I need to leave and be alone.

And then it hits me; the hysteria comes up, feeling as the bile rises my throat. I pull the car over and run to the side of the road, any trace of lunch leaving my stomach. I wipe my mouth with the back of my shaking hand.

I return to my car. Sobs rack my frame as the news that was broken to me earlier finally settles into my mind.

"Why? Why me?" I yell.

That's all I can do. Cry and scream.

What a cruel world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tapping on my window wakes me from my unintended slumber. A light is flashed in my face, making me squint. I turn on my car so I could roll down the window to see who it was.

"Page Styles?" an unfamiliar male voice says.

"Yes?" my voice is coarse.

"Good. My name is Officer Warick, we've been looking everywhere for you. Your husband will be very relieved."

I'm still not with it, "What happened?"

"We received a call from your husband, Harry, saying you had disappeared. We've been searching for over 4 hours up until now."

I rub my hand over my face, "Oh my gosh. I didn't even realize how long I had been gone. Erm, I guess I'll give Harry a call and let him know that I'm fine."

"Okay. Do you need us to take you home? We'll have someone else bring your car to you."

"No, that's not necessary, but thank you. I'll be fine."

He nods at me and shoots me a sympathetic smile, "Alright. We'll just have someone follow you home, just for good measure."

"Thank you, Officer."

I take an unsure breath and pull out onto the road again, heading home, to him.

How was I going to tell him? This was going to kill him.

The drive is silent, leaving me to my thoughts. All I can hear is the tires on the pavement beneath me.

Our home comes into view, my breath hitching in my throat. I pull into the garage and turn the car off, realizing I forgot to call Harry on my way here.

I trudge up the steps, gingerly opening the door.

Harry is right there to take me into his arms, enveloping me in his strong arms. Instinctively, I wrap mine around him and inhale the sweet scent that always lingers on him.

"Page. You're okay," he breathes into my hair.

I can't help it. I break down yet again, staining his shirt with my tears.

He puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me away from him so he could look at me.

"What's wrong, love?"

I shake my head, my bottom lip trembling.

"Page, please tell me, you've really got me worried. What is it?"

"I'm sorry!" I shout.

"What do you mean?"

I fall to the floor in front of him, crumpling like a piece of paper, "I'm sorry I can't give you children!"

I hear no response, which, in turn, makes the grief almost swallow me whole.

His hands are around mine, pulling them away from my face. I look up to meet his green eyes brimming with tears themselves.

"What happened?"

I try to tell him coherently what had happened, "I got a call from Dr. Vail today. He told me that we can't have kids, and that it's because of me! I'm so sorry! I wanted to give you kids so badly! I'm sorry."

He doesn't say anything, just wraps me in his arms once more.

"Page, I love you."

"I love you, Harry."

I feel him place a kiss on top of my head, "It's okay. We'll be okay."