3 Years(Any boy of your choice)

He leaned over to whisper in my ear, “I love you."

I smiled, “Thank you.”

“You’re mean,” he pulled away, disappointed by my reaction.

 I smirked, rolling over so we were face to face. His beautiful eyes bore into mine, sparkling like gems in the subtle sunlight. His hand was on my waist, his fingers tracing my side. He tilted his head towards me, hinting that he wanted a kiss. I playfully turned away, so he went for my neck, then behind my ear, onto my cheek, and eventually to my lips. 

"Mmm, that tasted good," he murmured into my lips.

His hands were in my hair as he closed in for another kiss. He layed back down onto the blanket, holding my hand and rubbing it gently with his thumb. i snuggled closer to him, winding my arms around his warm torso.

"So you know what day it is?" I asked.

He grinned, "What day is it?"

I looked up to his face, "It's been three years."

He chuckled into my hair as he gathered me in his strong embrace. We turned to watch the sunset fade over the horizon, rays of orange and pink light were coloring the sky. My eyes trailed away from the sunset and up to the willow tree swaying above us, the leaves twisting as the cool breeze rushed through them. The tips of his fingers played with my hair, brushing it out of my eyes.

3 years since the day his band was formed. A day that had become so important to so many people. A day that would go down in history. July 23rd.

 "You're right, it is a good day, one that we'll both remember for a long time. At least I hope so," he murmured.

"Why do you say that?" I wondered.

He adjusted himself so that we were in our original position. He propped his head up on is hand and stared at me with a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Remember when we met?" he questioned.

I laughed, "Yeah, i spilled my drink all over you at the restaurant."

"What about our first kiss?"

As I often did, I thought back to that day. It was a rainy day in London; he and I had gone out for lunch. We walked along the sidewalk hand-in-hand; that was also our first time holding hands. It seemed as though he couldn't take his eyes off of me. He stared at me as we strolled.

"What are you looking at" I asked him.

"Nothing. Your lips are really nice looking."

I blushed, looking at the ground. Did he really just say that? i couldn't think clearly. I all of the sudden began to feel large raindrops penetrate the umbrella it seemed.

I looked up and realized he had taken the umbrella down, "What are you doing?!"

He had the umbrella at his side. He looked me straight in the eyes. i couldn't look away. With the umbrella now on the ground, his hands reached up to tenderly cradle my face. He smiled a bit, biting his bottom lip. He slowly leaned in to me, pausing briefly, before he went in for the kiss. I was stunned. My arms, unknowingly, wound themselves around his neck as our hair became soaked. I smiled, despite the rain. He began to giggle; apparently our kiss was amusing to him

I turned my attention back to him and the present day.

"Yes, i remember that day like it was yesterday."

"And what about when I told you I loved you for the first time?"

We had been arguing that day.

"Whats wrong with you?" I told him.

"Will you just listen?!" he yelled.

"What?" I whipped my head back around to him.

"I love you."

I froze, "What?"

"I love you," he stated.

He strode towards me  and gave me a passionate kiss.

"That was a good day," i chuckled as made circles on his back.

"What about today?" he asked

"What about today?"

He beamed at me. He reached into his pocket and retrieved a little blue box.

"Oh my gosh!"

"You have no idea how much i love and adore you, and how willing I am to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you be my bride?" he presented me with a silver ring, a big diamond sitting at the center.

The tears brimming my eyes fell onto my cheeks, "Yes," I choked.

He rolled over on top of me and showered my face with kisses before we sat up and he placed the ring on my left ring finger, where it belonged.

"I love you so much," I mumbled  as I grabbed his face and kissed his waiting lips.

So that day went down in history. July 23rd- the day the greatest band was formed and I was engaged to my best friend.