Long Distance (Niall)

Songs-

Into The Wild- Lewis Watson

Night Changes- One Direction

Tee Shirt- Birdy

Ready To Run- One Direction

"Hey, hey, look at me," his voice was an anchor among the sea of people surging around me.

His finger is under my chin, lifting my face up to make me look at him directly. My eyes are bleary, my vision blurred as my tears seemed to constantly stream.

His pink lips are slightly upturned into a warm, inviting side smile. His blue eyes are twinkling under the harsh lights of the airport, his gaze intent on my face. His fingers move up to cradle my face, his touch soft and gentle. His thumbs wipe away the falling tears.

"Why are you crying, love?"

I shake my head, my chest tightening as the reality of leaving was becoming more eminent as the seconds tick by, "I don't want to leave you."

"You're not going to be gone forever. You're just going away to school. That's what you wanted to do, wasn't it?" he assures me, failing to try to comfort me in my decision.

"I didn't think it would be this hard."

Bags in hand, he pulls me over to a more secluded area, so only I could hear his voice, "It's just like when I go away for tours."

"But it's not. This is just different. Niall, this is too hard," I lay my head on his chest, "Why don't you come with me?"

I feel his chest vibrate in a throaty chuckle, "Wouldn't that be the life. But, let me remind you of the father you have. Quite the individual. Besides, what would I tell the boys? It can't be just the three of them. They'll kill each other."

Now it's my turn to laugh, "Yeah, that's probably true."

"C'mon. Now's not the time for crying. Celebrate! You're going off to college! Anyway, shouldn't I be the one crying in this situation?"

I nod my head against his chest.

"However, If I hear anything about another boy, believe me, I'll be on the first flight out to California and beat the hell out of whoever it is that thinks they can be hittin' on my girl. You got that?"

"Yes sir," I reply.

"Good."

"Flight 616 to Los Angeles, now boarding."

Sighing, I look up into Niall's crystal blue eyes again, "I guess that's my cue."

He takes my hand in his, picking up my carry on with his other. We make our way among the throng of people trying to get to their own destinations. Niall's continues to tighten his grip on my hand as we make our way to my terminal.

It soon comes into sight and my breath hitches in my throat once again. I bite my lip in attempt to calm myself, but to no avail. Niall turns back to me, dropping the bag and pulling me close to him.

"I love you, Rachel. No amount of miles can deter that. I'll always be here for you," Niall tells me, his voice starting to shake.

"I love you, Niall. So much."

He doesn't say anything further, just pulls me to him, placing a passionate kiss on my lips. His hands are in my hair, mine around his neck, trying to bring him as close to me as possible. I need him now more than I need air.

He breaks away, his breath coming out fast, "Don't forget me, Rachel."

"Never."

He kisses my forehead, "Call me when you land, alright?"

"Okay," is all I can say.

I pick my bag up off the ground and make my way over to security. I look back to him. He blows me a kiss.

Pretending to catch it, I tuck it away in my pocket, for later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smile at the resident assistant as she leaves. The keys suddenly feel heavy in my hand as I unlock the door to my dorm.

I flip the light switch on and immediately begin to cry. My side of the room is covered in my favorite flowers; red poppies and pink peonies.

A small stuffed dog lays on my bed, a pink bow tied around its neck. A letter was placed next to it, reading my name. I opened it, careful as not to rip the envelope. My eyes read over the letters etched onto it.

Dearest Rachel,

I already miss you and it hasn't even been a day yet. This is what you have to go through when I'm on tour? This sucks! I don't know how you do it.

Anyway, I love you. I love you so much, it sometimes physically hurts. I'm so excited for you to start this new chapter of your life and to experience things. I'm so happy you're chasing your dreams. I hope you find everything you want and more.

I want you to know that I'm always thinking of you. I will always be thinking of you. You take up all my thoughts, night and day. You are my life, and I'm so glad I found you.

Don't have too much fun out there. Don't want to knock any heads together if I don't have to.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

Love, Nialler

I'm still crying by the end of the letter smiling from ear to ear. I hold it to my chest and close my eyes.

The door behind me opens. My new roommate walks in, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Hi," she says.

I wipe my eyes, "Sorry about the mess."

She laughs, "It's fine. Good to know you're loved, right?"

I can only nod as I sit down on my bed, smelling the flowers.

"Oh, I'm Page, by the way."

I bring her into a hug, "I'm Rachel. Sorry, I'm just a huggy person. And I needed a hug."

She embraces back, "That's okay, I am too. And I'm here any time you need a hug."

We laugh as we sit on our beds. I lay down on bed, my head resting on my pillow.

"So, who's all this from?"

"My boyfriend," I can't help but grin.

"He must really love you," she mumbles.

"He really does."