Sunlight

I know I seem like a hard soul, but I'm getting better. Can't you see? I want to make it better between you and me.

Even the darkest dawns melt after midnight. And the creases on your forehead show me you haven't slept in your bed. The torn up old t-shirt you have hanging on your body, lets me know you haven't slept at all.

I know that I've been dark for so long but right now I'm being warmed by your heavenly sight. And though I'm broken and bruised, I still need you to be okay.

I know back then, a million things got in the way. A spirit of a soul was set free, and I may be empty but you are hollow.

Let me show you very slowly, I know the lump in your throat is hard to swallow.

I took a little medicine, you see, and now I'm all better. I'm up and ready to see you with me.

I'm ready for the morning so let my only moon break and open to the sun.

Oh, it feels like yesterday when it all begun. I feel I've been quiet for a long time but I'm ready to open the curtains for the sunlight.

I lost my soul along the way but I promise you, you'd never lose yourself.

I promised.

I may have nothing left inside of me but the amazing thing is, is that you can still see.

You left me in the darkness for so long I had become blind, but I can still feel the light. Open up to me, bare me your soul. For I have lived a thousand years, so kill me a couple more.