In The Hands Of The Gods

My blood spilt upon hard ground, mixing with the sand.

They all may laugh at my death but I will not hear their amusement, for I will be far away. I will have escaped my flesh and left my bones and bloodied armor to rust.

All those soulless bags of blood laughed as I let out my final battle cry.

They soaked and basked in the thought of my last breath. Now they all reek of my death.

They will not mourn me, nor will I them. For I am among the clouds as they are screaming in satisfaction as another brother loses his life upon the hard ground.

Soaked was my skin from blood, as they pulled me across the sand, from the arena, and towards the cliff. There, will they lay my corpse on hard wood. Wood picked out especially for the placement of my body. And fire, with sparks and smoke chosen by the most righteous of warriors; - my brothers - especially for the burning of my flesh and intestines.

I place myself in death's hands and pray to the gods they won't bring m back.

"Without you, there is no reason for breath."

I am no longer a man. I am nothing but a slave... A Warrior. I am above becoming a man once again.

I have fought like a man possessed... Possessed by the gods themselves. Now the gods have called me back to earth. To the retched place I had put so much effort in to leaving.

Now back in my own skin, I will swing my axes and swords. Commanding the arena with my sure power alone. I was in a god's hands. I was a warrior heaven sent. A helper in deaths wake.

Fought my way to the top, and spilt blood over every chest-plate, crashing into every being in my way.

With no grief, I have become a killing machine. Built to tear down everything. Built and redesigned to destroy any and all things living.

Silent commands, I now obey. With swift hands, throats and souls I now slay.

A monster created by a King. Yet still a slave, but no longer yearning to be free. A monster created by my brothers. No longer a man, but now a warrior.

I am a monster among many things. A killer reunited with death. A warrior possessed by gods. A slave that now kills for glory. I am destruction- a mass. A heavy armored massacre.

-

HEAVILY inspired by Spartacus, Blood And Sand. Told in Spartacus' point of view and my take on the monster he is yet to come. Xxxx