The Sun Touched The Sea

Looking at myself wasn't easy. I was never going to see my true self, never would.

I was here because of all the voices inside of me.

Vines and trees surrounding me, sunlight casting it's harsh glow on the sea. But then the mirror shown something I couldn't even imagine; I was not forgotten, but I was laying on the sea.

My reflection stared back at me. Confusion took over as the mirror shown more; I was searching for something and slipping through wooden doors.

Through the glass, I could see. See the sun touching the sea. The waves crashing into the fiery globe, and splashing back into the water. The sun was not going under.

I fell asleep, resting peacefully on the soil beneath. Dreams crashing into me, of waves almost reaching me. And I could breathe it in. But as I awoke, I did as I had known and shifted my gaze to the sea. The waves were almost touching me.

I looked for consolation in the glass, and it shown me how my last minutes would be spent.

So I laid back down... I had found the place to rest my head.

The mirror would continue to show me hidden doors, and before I knew it I was traveling the world.

Years and years passed, and I had always found my way back.

The glass was my savior, my only light and my one true prayer. But as the years went by, I had started to move on.

The glass wanted to show me the future, but I had forgotten about the memories it had shown me. I had forgotten the beauty I had seen that night. I was forgetting the other half of me.

And as I started to age, the wrinkles took their place. My hands spotted with age, and the mirror was cracked and painted with rage.

I began to have visions and dreams of the sun on the sea, and found myself back to where The Looking Glass had comforted me.

I laid back down where I once had, many years ago, and the mirror told me how it had watched me getting old. It also managed to lul me to sleep. And as I rested, I started to hear the glass weep.

The last thing I remember was the sun touching the sea...

-

Written for @abigail18__ on Instagram. xxxx