CHAPTER 1

Just a quick cringe warning. I myself cringed multiple times while typing.

Carry on

CHAPTER 1

"Riona, listen. I love you and all but I don't think I can do this any longer."

"Oh come on Asher. Just give me one more chance. I promise I'll do better."

"That's what you said last time."

"Well, last time was different."

"How? Tell me how last time was different."

"Last time was different because I was trying to cook a new recipe. I'd never made lasagna before that day."

"Well that's why we have the internet, honey. This is just a whole other level of failure." He stabs the food with his fork and as he raises it, the mac n' cheese follows in the shape of the bowl. I can't help but laugh.

"Ok fine, we stick to ordering in forever then." I throw my hands in the air in exasperation.

"Hallelujah!" He exclaims and jumps up from his seat to hug me.

"What about when this little monster pops out?" I ask, rubbing my belly.

"Well her favourite food is going to have to be pizza or Chinese." He laughs and places his hand on mine.

I've been pregnant for five months now and it feels like a whole freaking year. If this is how my mother felt then I don't blame her for not waiting 9 months before getting me out of her.

"You should go take a bath, I'll clean up here and find something to do with this monstrosity you call food." I hit his arm playfully and he laughs, helping me up.

"Come on Sam. Bath time."

Sam. My golden retriever therapy dog. I've had him since Ash and I started dating. Ash had him registered as a therapy dog since he was a puppy, to a clumsy, crazy old lady with a drug problem – the best description of me that there is.

As soon as he hears the word 'bath', he gets up from his spot on the sofa and runs ahead of me to the bathroom to run a bath. He gets my bathrobe and slippers and places them on my bed before I enter the room. Sometimes I wonder if I'd ever be having my bath at night, or ever, if I didn't have Sam.

After a warm bath, I comb my hair and enter the bedroom to find Asher already lying under the covers with the side lamp on.

"37 minutes. I had to have my bath in the guest bathroom." He says after looking at his watch on the table.

"Shoot! I really thought I was quick this time." I take off my robe and Ash lets out a wolf whistle.

"Oh shut up, I know what I look like." I laugh as I go under the covers.

"Sam it's time for bed." In less than a minute, he rushes into the room, dragging his overly large doggy bed with him and sets it right at the bottom of the bed.

"You look like an angel."

Asher pulls my face closer to his and just stares. I surprisingly don't break eye contact, the old me couldn't look a person in the eye for more than two seconds, but here I am gazing into his eyes like a loon.

"I love you so much, it's unhealthy." I groan as I bury my head in his chest and he lets out a small laugh.

"Well I love you more than you love me and don't even argue because you know it's true." I just smile and wrap my hands around him as far as they can go with my slightly large belly in the way.