•26•

Claude went to his office. The documents could wait though, he had something important to do.

"Felix Robaine. Report."

"He hasn't been found yet. But we believe that some people saw a man that matches the description"

"Where? We shall go there."

"What kind of explanation? What are you talking about??"

"Princes-"

"Argh stop calling me that! I'm not a princess. Especially not that pitiful Athanasia from that cheesy book!"

A book? What did she mean with that? No one in the whole world would dare to describe the princess as pitiful as long as Claude was breathing.

"What book? I might be able to help if you tell me"

"I want to go home as soon as possible though! I bet this is all just a silly dream. I shouldn't have read that book! I have to get up early to go to work."

"Calm down! I assure you, this is not a dream. Tell me what you still remember, okay?"

She hesitated. Was it really okay just to tell him? But he offered her his help so she might as well just be honest.

"I live in Korea. Yesterday I took some sleeping pills after reading the book 'Lovely Princess'. But now you all tell me that I'm in that book. Why did I have to be Athanasia? I don't want to die by the age of 18!"

That was a lot to take in for Lucas. She was saying some strange words. But the strangest thing was that she believed to be in a silly storybook. And that the Athanasia of the story was supposed to die.

"Princess, I-"

The door opened again. It wasn't Claude this time though. The person ran up to Athy and hugged her.

"Oh deaf god! Sister! Are you all right! I heard about it. Don't worry. Our father will fix this. Ah! The magician..."

As soon as Jenette saw Lucas she let go of Athanasia and blushed. Lucas was annoyed. He was about to find out about the princess... how should he say it... secret? That girl was only a bother.

But Athanasia turned pale when she saw Jenette.

"Nonono!! Please forgive me! I wouldn't dare to disturb you or the emperor!"

"Sister, what are you saying? We are a family! Even if we aren't a perfect one"

"I- I will quietly live my life here in the ruby palace without ever getting in your way!"

Lucas decided to step in. He glared at Jenette.

"Don't overstep your boundaries"

He grabbed Athy's hand and teleported to the tower.

"NO! Why why why why! Now she will think that I'm rude! She will tell Claude, that jerk! And he is going to kill me!"

Athanasia was panicking. She seemed like she was about to cry. Lucas couldn't stand seeing her like that.

So he hugged her.

"Princess, please calm down. I promise you, no one will kill you. I'll make sure of that."