•6•

The first thing Athy saw was Lucas standing beside her bed. How did he get in here? There were hundreds of guards in the emerald palace! Oh... right... magic.

"What are you doing here? This is a ladys room!"

"Good afternoon to you too sleepyhead. Lady? Where? I don't see one"

This little-! One day she would have her revenge!

"Maybe you should have your eyes checked! There is clearly a Lady in front of you! Wait. Did you just say it's afternoon? Why didn't anyone wake me up?"

"Probably because you have a fever right now, idiot"

"But it should have been gone by now. But you didn't even answer my first question, so I'll just ask again. Why are you here?"

"Because you're sick"

"So what?"

"..."

He actually didn't know why he came, he just went to visit Athy when he heard that she was sick. He didn't know wether it was just a slight fever or her overflowing mana. When Lilly told him earlier that it was just a fever he could relax a little. Maybe he didn't want Athanasia to die... but why? Everytime he saw her he felt... strange. He couldn't really explain how he felt but he also felt happy. Was he the one who was sick? He should check later.

"...cas! Lucas!!"

Now he snapped back to reality. How long was she calling him?

"What?"

"Are you okay? You just stopped responding and started staring at me while thinking about something"

"Huh? I'm okay, I just remembered that I'm needed at the tower. Might as well cure you from your fever while im here"

After he said that he clapped his hands and Athy could feel how her temperature went down.

"Thanks, then I'll see you later?"

But he already teleported back. Oh well. Might as well get the day started. So Athy called her maids who dressed her. She figured that she'd visit Claude again and try to ask him about the invitations. Maybe she will be successful this time. When she arrived at his room she saw her Dad sleeping on the couch. Geez, has he actually ever used his bed before or was it just there as decoration? Wasn't he uncomfortable like that? But he looked tired so she decided to leave him be. She could come back later. What she needed right now was some chocolate cake, so she left the room.

1 hour later

When Jenette woke up she was confused. Wasn't she with the Emperor and the princess? Only then she remembered that she fell into the water and that glare from Claude. At that moment she thought she was going to die. Thankfully Athanasia tried to help her but then she fell into the lake too. She must have lost her consciousness after that since she could only remember her vision going black after that. Did her own father really didn't care wether she died? No, there must have been a misunderstanding. Jenette quickly left her bed to get dressed. She needed to see her father now. The maids from the Ruby Palace tried to hold her back but she just needed to know. When she arrived at the palace she got lost at first. Some maids in the palace showed her the way to Claude's room but when she went inside she couldn't see anyone.

"Father? Are you here? I don't understand... the maids said that he was in here"

"Who's making so much noise? If you don't stop right now then you will regret it"

Only then Jenette noticed that he was on the couch. But why wasn't he sleeping in his bed.

"Father, it's just me, Jenette. I wanted to talk to you"

"And who gave you permission to enter my room? You just move around the palace like you own it. You should know your place"

"But Father I ju-"

"Father? Not only do you move around here as you please, you also call me how you want. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now"

Claude stood up and walked towards Jenette with bloodlust in his eyes. She was trembling.