•13•

After they explained everything to Athy again and told her about the curse, they wanted to know who she forgot. Turned out that she still remembered  everyone close to her except Felix. Jenette stood by and listened since nobody bothered to send her out if the room.

"Wait... my sister is losing her memories? There is a cure to this right? There has to be!"

"We're working on it and if you don't mind then we would like to proceed. So if you would leave?"

Lucas didn't want Jenette disturbing them and he somehow had a bad feeling about her. He was glad when she finally left the room. She seemed to be connected to this but he couldn't figure out how.

"By the way, princess do you perhaps know this man from somewhere?"

He showed her the drawing.

"Eh? Yeah, I think I saw him at the Debutante. I even thought that his eyes were similar to jewels for a second which was weird since they were black. What does he have to do with me?"

"Tch. This bastard is the one who did this to you, Athanasia. I should have noticed him at the Debutante and killed him right on the spot. Then you wouldn't have to deal with this"

"No, Dad! This isn't your fault. You didn't know"

"I'm sorry to interrupt you but shouldn't we carry on?"

"Ah, yes. Athanasia you should rest. The guards will be escorting you wherever you go, so don't worry about anything"

"Eh? I don't want dozens of guards just following me around the whole day. Isn't Felix already enough?"

"He is busy with finding that bastard. You need protection right now"

"But... Ah! I know! Can't Lucas accompany me? He is powerful and stronger than all the knights? Pretty please daaaaaad?"

"I need him to find that bastard"

Lucas interrupted them again.

"I don't mind staying by her side. Actually it would be better. And I can do my work while I'm protecting her"

"Alright. I will allow it. But if anything happens to her..."

"I know, your majesty. I won't let anything happen to her. I promise"

—————————————————

Our Internet at home is like really bad at the moment... like really bad. It's actually not working at all😖 I'm at a friend's house so I wanted to write a short chapter and update since they let me use theirs... I'll update as soon as I can tho 。・°°(_)°°・。

~Eli