•12•

It was already nighttime. But Claude was still not in bed, even if he was he wouldn't be able to sleep. He was busy all day searching for the person who wished to die so desperately that he cursed Athanasia. Claude already started thinking about what horrible things he would to this person. Suddenly Lucas appeared.

"How is Athanasia doing? Anything new about the curse?"

"She is currently asleep. I've already slowed the curse down but it seems that she will forget everything about one person each day as she wakes up. The only thing we can do now is to find the one responsible for this"

"So there is a possibility that she won't remember me any more tomorrow? That is unacceptable! Do you have a death wish?"

"It would be a bad idea to kill me and it would be impossible to be completely honest"

"You better find a solution soon"

"Of course"

Lucas teleported to the town. There weren't many people on the the street he was at so he could use his magic there without being disturbed. When he found what he looked for he teleported on top of an abandoned house where another person with black hair and black eyes was standing. The man slowly turned around to face Lucas and laughed.

"It was only a matter of time until you found me"

"Take back the curse that you placed on the princess"

"Hmph . And why would I do that? Why do you even care about her? Normally you would just ignore that since it doesn't involve you, so why not this time?"

"I'm the royal magician and I serve the royal family"

Now the person started to laugh even more which angered Lucas even more. No he couldn't kill him yet, not before Athy's curse was lifted.

"If that would be the case then you wouldn't be trying so hard to find me. You changed. So tell me, why are trying so hard?"

"That is none of your concern!"

"My, you behave like a child. It fits your current appearance though"

"You're under arrest so you better shut up and come with me before I'll kill you"

"You wouldn't do that, because of you did then the curse will never be lifted and the princess will lose all her memories and die"

Athanasia would die? This was bad. The curse was even worse than Lucas thought.

"Now if you excuse me, I'm a busy man. Ah! And this time I'll make sure to erase my aura so don't bother looking for me"

Before Lucas could even react the man was already gone. This was bad. If they didn't lift the curse soon then Athy would die. They needed to catch that man. He had to hurry back and report to the emperor so they could start the search.

After Lucas went back to the castle and informed Claude he checked on Athy. What if that man decided to kidnap her? He didn't want to leave her but he had to since Claude ordered him to use his magic to create a painting of the man he encountered. But when he gave the painting to Claude he could see the shock in Claude's eyes.

"HOW? I KILLED THIS BASTARD"

"Your Majesty? What do you mean?"

"This person is the former Emperor, my brother Anstasius. I ORDER EVERY KNIGHT, EVERY WIZARD, FIND HIM AND BRING HIM HERE"

Felix rushed out of the room the transfer the order.

"Father what is going on? The whole palace is in an uproar and it seems to be something about my sister"

Jenette was standing at the door. It seemed to be morning already and Jenette probably noticed that something was wrong. But this was bad. Athy wasn't't here to protect her from Claude and Jenette even dressed him as her father. Nothing could stop Claude now.

"You dare to appear here? I should have just gotten rid of you in the first place. It's not to late for that though"

Lucas didn't want to deal with this anymore. Should he get Athy? She could stop Claude from killing Jenette. He didn't like Jenette but he knew that Athy would be upset if she died since he was observing here since Jenette arrived at the palace. He teleported Athy into the room since she was probably awake and dressed at this time.

"What the heck? Lucas! What are you doing? You can't just teleport me if you have nothing else to do!"

Claude glare vanished completely when he saw Athanasia. He completely forgot about Jenette.

"Athanasia, do you know who I am?"

"What a silly question! Why is everyone asking me that today? Dad, what is going on?"

Claude seemed relieved. So she didn't forget him. Yet.

-----------------------------------

If you spot any mistakes then please tell me since I'm a little busy and didn't have time to check

~Eli