•20•

"W-what do you mean, Princess? Don't you remember the Emperor? Your father?"

"My father? Lilly, I don't have one! What are you talking about?"

But when Lilly heard her say that, she started trembling. As if she was scared. Athanasia looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Oh g-god... HANNAH, CES! COME HERE QUICKLY"

Athy was taken aback. She had never heard Lilly yelling before. She just couldn't grasp the situation.

"Lilly, what's wrong??"

"Princess, I promise you everything will be fine... it will be okay... just leave it to us"

"You're scaring me! I don't even know what's going on"

Hannah and Ces entered the room panting. Lily started telling them something about a person named 'Claude Obelia' or someone like that? But they were panicking for sure. Suddenly Lilly told her to get ready.

"You have to come with us, princess. We'll lead you to your father's office"

"How many times do I have to tell you! I don't have a father!"

Athanasia was angry now since everyone was visibly panicking but no one bothered to tell her why.

"Fine. Hannah, Ces, please tell his Majesty what happened. Princess, please stay here. We'll explain everything to you later"

Lilly and the others left Athy's room. Great now she was alone in that big room. She wondered what Lucas was doing at the moment. Maybe he would keep her company and explain what was happening. But where was he.

"It'd be great if Lucas just appeared in my room. But he's probably busy right now"

Suddenly someone tapped her shoulder.

"Eek! What the heck?! Oh, hey Lucas. Wait... since when have you been standing there?"

"I thought you called me. Wasn't that the case?"

Oh, right. Greatest Magician in the world. He can do almost anything.

"Well, yeah but a warning would have been nice. And I want to ask you something, who is Claude? Lilly was talking about my father although I don't have one. Weird, right?"

Lucas looked at her with shocked eyes. It was almost like with Lilly, but why was everyone acting so strange.

"Are you pranking me right now? It's not funny. It's impossible to forget your dad"

"Great, now you too? What is wrong with everyone today?"

"That should have happened much later not now! The curse is worse than I thought"

"LET ME THROUGH"

A handsome man entered Athy's room. He had jewel eyes like Athy. He looked familiar yet she couldn't remember. It felt like she was missing something important.

"Umm... who... are you?"

His eyes were filled with pain. Athanasia's heart hurt when she looked at him and she had the urge to hug him. But she wouldn't hug a stranger just because she felt like it..

"Athanasia... do you recognize me?"

His face was expressionless but his eyes showed her that he was suffering. He grabbed her gently by her shoulders as if he was begging her to remember him. But she couldn't.

_____________________
Apparently there has been some problems with Chapter 19. I tried fixing the problem but I don't know whether it's working by now. Have a nice day

~Eli