•4•

The next day Athanasia went to the garden to have tea with her father like always. When she arrived he saw her Dad already sitting there and drinking tea.

"You took your time"

"I'm sorry, I overslept"

She took her seat and instantly went out for the cakes and tarts. She just couldn't resist them.

"How did you sleep, Dad?"

"Like always"

But when Athanasia looked closer she could see the fatigue in her fathers eyes. Well, Athy couldn't really blame him. He probably had a long night after hearing that he apparently had another daughter. So she decided not to talk with him about that matter since Claude was already troubled enough.

Later

"Princess! Look at all these invitations!"

There was a tablet full of letters and invitations addressed to Athy. She herself just stared at it surprised.

"Are these all invitations?"

"Yes, and more will arrive from now on!
I'm so happy to see this day"

Lilly, Hannah and Ces were really excited about the invitations. Athanasia randomly took one letter and opened it. Ever since the Debutante , invitations requesting her presence at parties had started flooding in. Athanasia from the novel was ignored by everyone. She chuckled.

'So this is what happens when Claude escorts me himself'

"Which house's invitation will you accept first?"

"Well, I don't really know yet."

"How about Marquess Irain? House Irain is known to have a very handsome young son"

Lilly sighed.

"Hannah, that's for the Princess to decide! She hasn't even opened all the invitations yet."

Athy wasn't listening anymore. Could she really attend these kinds of things? If she thought about it then she had never left the castle before. Maybe she should ask her dad. So she left the room and headed to her fathers office. She knocked before entering.

"Dad, are you busy?"

Claude was working on some documents but once he saw Athy he seemed to relax a little bit.

"Sit down and wait"

"I'll stay quiet"

She headed to the couch and as she passed Claude she could smell the ink.

'It's unexpected, but this type suits him quite well. I thought he always just fooled around but he works pretty hard. That reminds me, they do refer to him as a saint and a good king in the story books'

As she sat down she saw a weird stone statue. She was sure that it was on her fathers desk before. She picked it up and started looking at it.

"Do you want it?"

"Ah! ...
No. It looked funny... no... i mean... it looked like a decoration with a story behind it, so I was just looking"

Claude smirked.

"It's nothing but an ugly piece of stone. I would have given it to you if you wanted"

If it was just a piece of stone then why was it placed so carefully in that office? Athanasia thought that her Dad had a weird taste but she decided to respect it.

"No, it's fine."

"Did you come here to say something?"

"I just came because I wanted to see you, but you seem to be busy, so I'll head back"