•7•

Athanasia ate the last cake. The cakes at the palace are the best! How did she even survive in her last life without sweets. Well, since she ate all the sweets then it was time to visit her Dad again, he was probably awake by now. But once she arrived she halted in front of the door. Claude was talking to someone... it was Jenette? That could only be Jenette's voice. Should she go away? No, she wouldn't give up her Dad without a fight. Jenette may be the main lead but Athy was Claude's daughter! So she slowly opened the door and peeked inside. Claude was standing in front of Jenette and was even glaring at her? In the novel he never glared at her! Jenette was trembling... wait. Did Claude just threatened her? Athanasia wanted Claude not to replace her with Jenette but that didn't mean that he should kill Jenette.

"Papa!"

When Claude looked at Athy his glare instantly disappeared. Instead he looked at her softly. He couldn't kill Jenette now, not in front of Athanasia. He didn't want her to see that.

"What are you doing Dad?"

"We w-were just discussing some things, Princess. No need to worry"

Athy could barely hear Jenette's voice. The next second Jenette looked up with tears in her eyes and went straight for the door and left Claude and Athanasia alone in the room.

"What happened?"

"I taught her what happens when you disrespect the royal family"

"But isn't she part of the Royal family? I mean, she has your eyes"

She probably shouldn't defend Jenette but..Athanasia couldn't just ignore it. She wanted answers.

"Tsk"

"I mean... isn't she your daughter too?"

Actually Athy knew that Jenette wasn't Claude's child but it'd be suspicious if she told someone about it. So she had to act as if she thought that Jenette was actually her sister.

"Athanasia.
I've already told you that you're my only daughter. I don't need a second one. It'd be so much easier just to kill her so she wouldn't bother us anymore"

"Dad, you can't just kill her. What would the people of this country think. Jenette could also be considered as the heir to the throne since she's older than me which means you can't kill her that recklessly"

"I'd rather die than give that wench the throne"

"That may be so but you still can't just kill her, Dad"

"You're right"

Athanasia gave him a soft smile. She's glad that her father didn't want to abandon her and favor Jenette like in the novel. But she still felt bad for Jenette. Maybe she will invite her to have some tea in the garden tomorrow. Oh right! Athy almost forgot to ask Claude about the invitations again.

"Ah! Papa, you know, I've received a lot of invitations and I wanted to ask you if I could leave the palace"

"You may not. I don't want you to hear their gossiping about you since they think Jenette could harm your position"

"But Daaaaad"

"But maybe I'll allow you to have a tea party yourself"

Athy's eyes sparkled. She was so happy that she jumped and hugged Claude which surprised him.

"Really? Thank you so much Dad!"

Claude looked at her with his surprised expression that he only has when she hugs him. It was like when she asked him to be her escort and she hugged him afterwards.