•2•

"So you want to tell me that this girl is my daughter?"

"Yes, your Majesty. As you can see our Jenette has Jewel like eyes which only the Royal Bloodline has. That pretty much confirms that she is your daughter"

"Hm"

Claude seemed quite uninterested even though the situation was quite serious. Athanasia could only stare at Jenette who seemed to be shy. She couldn't really blame her since she had to admit that her Dad was quite scary. Felix, who was called into the audience room looked like someone just told him ghosts are real.

After a moment of silence Claude sighed

" I suppose I have no other choice but to take her in at the moment since the public would be quite confused. I'll take matters into my own hands until I decide what to do"

With that he stood up from his chair and walked towards the door.

"Felix please escort Lady Jenette to the Ruby Palace and show her her room"

After that he glanced at Athanasia whose expression was blank.

"Athanasia, we're leaving"

She silently followed him out of the room.
She didn't know what would happen to her now. She wanted to see Lilly, she would comfort her amd tell Athy that everything would be alright. She also wanted to see Lucas, he would know what to do now and could help her escape from this awkward situation.

"We'll go back to the emerald palace"

"Dad, ... what will happen now?"

Athanasia couldn't hold back, she needed to know. Was her father that she loved so dearly going to abandon her or worse kill her like in the book once he realizes that Jenette is better than her. At first she might have hated him ... but he was the first father she ever had and she loved every moment of it.

"Athanasia, let me tell you that I have only one daughter and that is you. I will take care of it"

That took Athanasia by surprise. She didn't expect Claude to say something like that.

"Thank you, Dad"

After she got in the carriage, Claude said something unexpected again

"Athanasia.
Congratulations on your 14th Birthday and your Debutante"

"Heh...
Daddy, you're late"

She smiled

"I've already been congratulated by others on both my birthday and my debut" said Athanasia while recalling what she once said to her father.

"Then should I take it back?"

She couldn't help but laugh

I know, I know the chapters are short and the fanfiction isn't that well written but it's my first fanfiction. I would love to know what you think about it(˃̵ᴗ˂̵).
If you have any ideas, suggestions or anything else then please tell me╹◡╹)♡

~Eli