•9•

"PRINCESS! SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAS HAPPENED!"

Athanasia stopped chatting with Jenette and turned around to face the maid that ran towards her, panting. This has never happened before so it had to be serious. Felix came over to the maid and tried to help her.

"The Emperor... he... he has fainted and is now unconscious! But before that he was calling your name! His Majesty has never fainted before or was sick"

Leaving Jenette behind Athy stormed off. She could her Felix shouting after her. It was strange... this wasn't part of the novel! But that didn't matter now, the only thing she wanted to do was to see Claude and make sure that he was okay. She could feel tears streaming down her face. What would she do if he died suddenly. She didn't want to be alone like in her last life. Where was her Dad? Was he in his room? His office? She wanted to get to him as soon as possible!

"Are you looking for your Dad?"

"Lucas! Do you know where he is? Please take me there! I have to see him"

The next moment she was standing in Claude's room where he was lying on his bed. She had never seen him lying on his bed before.

"DAD!"

She immediately took his hand and squeezed it.

"It seems like he's fine at the moment. I wonder what caused him to faint. I should check him later if there's anything unusual about him, I'll leave him in your care for now, Princess"

"So ...D-Dad won't die?"

"Not as long as I'm here, dummy"

"Thank you"

"Ugh...What's all that noise?"

"Dad! You're awake!"

"Athanasia? What happened? I ... can only remember that sudden headache"

Headache? Something didn't seem right. A normal headache couldn't cause a person to faint suddenly. Maybe it was a curse? But what kind of curse? Lucas had to investigate this as soon as possible.

"Your Majesty, if you allow me I'd like to check if there are any abnormalities or if you're in pain"

"Do what you have to do"

With that Lucas used his magic to check.

"I suspect that you're a cursed but I can't say for sure. The only thing your Majesty can do now is rest"

Lucas bowed and teleported to god knows where. But right as he did Felix bursted into the room.

"Your majesty! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. A curse won't kill me, I'm not that weak"

Atay wasn't listening anymore. She just held her father's hand while tears were rolling down her face. At the beginning she didn't thought that she could ever like him. But after all those years he became someone who was very dear to her and she couldn't afford to lose. As Claude noticed that she was crying he just patted her head.

"Don't worry, I won't die that easily"

"Promise me you won't leave me"

"I won't... I promise"

Athanasia hugged him and cried silently into his shoulder. Claude didn't say anything, he just held her, trying to comfort her. He was happy. He wanted to stay like this but he knew he couldn't. He should try to find out who placed a curse on him and kill that person immediately. Or should he torture that person? But he didn't want Athanasia to see him as a dangerous person. It was weird. Years ago he could torture or kill anybody he wanted to without a care in the world. But after he started to spend time with his daughter he didn't want her to think of him as some kind of monster. As Athy stood up and started wiping the tears out of her face someone else entered the room. It was Jenette who looked concerned and scared at the same time.

"I'm sorry... Um... It's just that the princess ran away so quickly that I was worried and came after her. And I heard that his Majesty fainted... Are you alright?"

That wench! Who allowed her to enter the room? It seemed like she had learned nothing even though he spared her for Athanasia's sake. But when he wanted to say something he could feel the pain again. He tried to stand up to give that wench a piece of his mind but Athy held him back, noticing that he was in pain.

"No, Dad! You have to rest. I don't want you to faint again"

"She's right your Majesty, you should rest. I'll take care of the document in the meantime"

Felix then quickly left the room leaving Jenette, Athanasia and Claude alone.

"Can I help you with something Princess?"

"Could you ask someone to bring our meals here?"

"Yes, certainly"