Tape 17

Putting forward my emotions, I remained awake during the time Brian had left.
Heat blasting, it provoked me to fall back asleep- but I declined it. He wanted me awake, for a reason I was too tired to understand.

Mumbling words to myself, I leaned my head against the cold window.

Raising my head, my eyes observed the miniature shop. Groaning, I squinted- seeing a few men standing idly by outside of the supply store.
Turning my head away, my lanky body threatening to fall back asleep- as soon as my eyes closed, in frustration I sat up completely.

Fixing the wreck in my hair, I cleared my blocked throat. In dying need of water, I looked around the parked vehicle- he had nothing?

Maybe that's why he's in the store.

"Damnit Brian." I mumble, feeling the scratchy mess of my windpipe.

Rubbing my eyes, I leaned over to the radio- attempting to read the blurred time. A few attempts of saying it back in my head, I realized I couldn't get it right.

My poor perception was causing me to become vexed, I sent my head backwards until it hit the seat- I waited.

My patience running very low when he wouldn't return.

So I began to count, not only to keep track but to also keep me awake, closing my eyes- I started.

"1,2,3,4-"

As the pattern kept going, my pulse began beating harder- I felt it in my wrist.
My heart flickered, uneasiness taking over as I continued to count. Apprehension taking over.

Feeling so disquiet, I wasn't sure why.

A part of me wanted to get up and enter the store, another part of me told me to stay and wait. But, what if he doesn't come back?

My life would be basically saved.

Debating the options in my head, I heard loud voices approach me. Those men were walking over here.
Letting my fingers press down on the lock, it clicked- suggesting it was now locked, although I kept my focus in front of me- so they wouldn't find my suspicious.

I might just be overreacting but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

When those voices faded, I sighed in relief. Two palms emerged from the dark, leaning against the glass.
Jumping and leaning away from it, a burst of deep,loud,hearty laughter broke out.

Breathing rather fast, due to the sudden scare. I was both bewildered and frightened. When the hands rubbed away the fogginess of the window, his face showed.

Drunk as he may seem, I was fairly fearful of him. Arms grabbed his shoulders, pulling him back.

"That's not our car David!" Someone said.

"Are you sure? I thought I saw Ashley in there?" He responded.

"No you just scared a random girl.." they mumbled.

When he bursted out another obnoxious laugh, I calmly moved back to my seat. Their voices turning into silence.

I just want sleep.

Hearing one knob on the drivers side of the car, I pivoted my head. Assuming it was Brian, I unlocked the car.
With a plastic baggage in his hand, he sat down- sighing in frustration.

"Here take this please." He says, handing me the bag.

I looked through it, eyeing the delightful water he had got- I was so desperate for it.
Reaching my hands in, I grabbed it.