Tape 14

"Brian." I mumble, placing down the glass plate onto the wooden table.

"Brian." I muttered again, allowing the world to roll off my tongue. Smiling to myself.

I hummed in satisfaction, tucking a piece of free strand of hair behind my ear. Looking down at the nicely set up table for two, I cleared my throat and shouted.

"Brian!"

"I'll be out in a moment!" He responds quickly afterwards, I pulled out the two chairs and politely sat in mine- it had been a few days after discussing how my childhood went to him and Brian telling me about his.

He went into deeper depth another day but once hearing about it, I kinda changed my perspective- not too much, but I did see things a different way.

He even then explained who those other people were and that thing I saw at the top of the hill when my car had crashed.

I hadn't exactly been as depressed as I used to be, although I do miss talking to people other than Brian.
Sometimes, I have urges to jump out the window and run away- of course, I know what's out there. He has warned me multiple times.

But the thoughts get bigger and bigger and while it's only me and myself to console it, I end up breaking down.

Clearing my throat, I continued to wait.

Hearing his footsteps approach the dining room, a smile appeared on my face. I wasn't sure why I was smiling more often, I just was.

My smile almost felt unreal, which was odd. I am smiling. My fingers touched my mouth, the smile soon faded when Brian had appeared next to me.

"Hey, sorry for the wait." He mumbled, then placed down a beverage for my to drink.

"Where'd you even get this?" I asked, taking it into my hands. I didn't ask for a drink.

"Just now- from the kitchen."

Wouldn't I be able to hear him though? That's a bit odd. Shaking it off, I slowly let the liquid fall down my throat.
The aftertaste had a bitter feeling, which I cringed at.

"You alright?" He asked, taking his seat at the table across from me.

"Yeah it's just- whatever that was it kinda had a bitter taste to it." I said, placing down the half empty cup.

"I'm sure it's nothing." He mutters, placing his hand ontop of mine. I then retracted my hand from his grab.

He clears his throat.

"Anyway, I need Uh- I need to head out in a few minutes. I need to get some more things."

He had went out not too long ago, a few days in fact. I found it odd, but never really questioned it- I assumed it was apart of his basic routine.

Sighing, I replied.

"Alright."

"You know the drill." He mumbles, scooping up a piece of his food onto his spoon.

Yes, the drill. It consisted of making sure all the windows and doors were locked. Closing all the curtains and shutting off all the lights, and me hiding in a very small closet until he got back.
I got over my fear of small spaces rather quickly.

My appetite suddenly was wiped away, my stomach was growling before- why now am I not satisfied enough to eat?
Furrowing my eyebrows, I glanced away from my food.

"What's wrong?" He asks, he sounded rather mundane while asking the question- as if that question had no meaning, like he didn't care about the answer. Just wanted me to shut up.

"Nothing." I muttered.

Pushing away whatever feelings just escaped me, I replaced my frown with a smile.

"I'm just awfully tired, I guess I should take a nap while you're gone." I hummed.

Picking myself up from my seat, leaving the neatly organized table I took the liberty of setting up by myself- I felt angry.

"Oh um, alright. I'll just head out now then. Don't forget to drink the rest of your water, I want you stay hydrated."

"I know." Hearing those words have me annoyance, he has said it many times before. I understand his concern but it's unnecessary to constantly remind me.

I can take care of myself, I wish he'd understand that.

He got up from his seat and casually walked over to the front door, grabbing a hanging bag from the coat rack, he left. Without any second glance or word.

A few seconds passed before I started locking all the windows and doors, shutting all the cloth curtains. It blocked out nothing, it was dark out.

Still, I closed them. Following the rules, then proceeding to shut off all the lights. It was pitch black.

Stopping in my tracks, I hitched.

Ringing appeared in my ears, no sound to cover it. Shifting my hair away from my face, I took a step forward while my eyes adjusted to the darkness.

The poorly lid bedroom stood at the end of the hallway, the golden colors peering beneath the door.
I followed it, letting the colors cover my body as the door swung open.

Stepping in, I closed it behind me. Letting my hand flick the switch off.

I always hated this, being in the dark- alone. My anxiety gets too much, I sometimes even have panic attacks in the closet-
The air gets so limited in there, it's almost unbearable even.

But obeying it anyway, I slipped myself into the empty closet. Curling my body into a ball, leaning my head against the hard wall, while my knees kept close to below my chin.

I shut the door, hearing the sickening click of the lock-in. I gasped lightly, this is torture.

My cheeks became filled with emotion and with the lack of proper air, my sobbing had turned it unbearably humid.
Wiping away the salty drops, I felt how hot my skin was- I cleared my throat.

"I need to calm down, Y/n you're alright. Everything's fine, Brian will be back very soon- he's usually out only about an hour." I said out loud, repositioning myself and taking slow deep breaths.

"No he won't."

I gasped, looking ahead of me. I moved closer to the wall behind me. Hoping I'm just hearing things, I moved my ear closer to the door.

"Hello?" I whispered.

"Hey." They responded plainly, not in a boring way- or a taunting way. It was rather like they were genuine.

Covering my mouth to restrain from yelling out, I held back the fear and swallowed it down hard making a gulping sound in the process.

"Wh-who are you?" I asked, cautiously.

"No one important." Taking that the voice was deep, I assumed it was a male. He had a bit of a raspy sound come from his throat if he tried to inflect his voice.

"But, I know who you are." He says.

《Welcome to Is It Recording?.. Hoodie X Reader.》
~gonna be updating this little puppy way more often, this book is only gonna be 20 chapters :)) but don't worry, I'll make it worth your while.

Sorry if there are any spelling or plot mistakes, point them out and I'll fix them immediately.

Out~✌♡