Part I: Chapter 1 - If I Died, We'd Be Together

Previously:
- (Y/N) found out about the truth about her parents and family
- She was sent to an asylum

Part I: Chapter 1 - If I Died, We'd Be Together

June 20, 2014
3:00pm

(Y/N) entered her new room. It was simple and quaint. She had a lovely view of the forest. It reminded her so much of the Glade. Being cut off from the world. She would've loved this if she wasn't in her current situation. She heard a knock on her door and saw a man with jet black hair and bright blue eyes. He was wearing a lab coat and had a piece of paper on his hand. His name tag says that his name is Dr. Oliver Clarke.

"Here's your schedule for the week," he handed her the paper he was holding.

"How long will I be staying here?"

"It all depends on how fast you recover."

"My therapist said that any types of schizophrenia doesn't have a cure. So I'll stay here until I die?"

"No. We just want to help you get better. Your therapist was right but we'll take care of you until you can survive on the real world."

"I've survived a different and much terrible world," she mumbled under her breath.

"So I've heard." She didn't mean for him to hear her.

(Y/N) realized that she should stop talking about this. This was the reason why she was here in this mental hospital. It was called the Rosewood Institute and it was a day away from her house and everything she knew. If she wanted to be free, she should at least pretend that she'd getting better.

"A nurse will come to make sure you take your medicine everyday."

She nodded. "Anything else?"

"You have a visitor?"

(Y/N)'s heart leaped. She just got here and only John brought her there. She hoped that maybe it was Catherine or Thomas. They might be there to bail her out. Maybe say that they changed their minds and that they don't support this.

"Who is it?"

"Me." All hope drained from (Y/N) when she saw that it was just James. Dr. Oliver left the room. "Not happy to see me?"

"You sold me out."

"You sold me out too."

"Guess we're even."

"I did what was right so did John." (Y/N) didn't say anything. She knew they were right.

-

In a different realm, Newt was staring at his best friend as he shook and tried to compose himself. He was holding a gun and was pointing it at him. He hated this but there was no other way. He doesn't want to become a monster.

At least, he thought, I can be with (G/N).

-

"Anyway I didn't come here to catch up. I just need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

-

"N-Newt," Thomas said. "I can't. I can't do it."

Newt attacked him.

-

"There's another way to come to the Realm of Stories. There's a way that Newt could come here."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. "How?"

"It's the same way that you were able to come here."

The memory relived itself in (Y/N)'s mind. The leg of the Griever piercing into her heart. Her hand subconsciously went to her chest. She gasped in realization.

"You don't mean," she trailed off.

-

Thomas pulled the trigger.

-

"Yes," James confirmed. "He needs to die."

"I can't let it come to that! I won't!"

"What's the difference? Either way, he'll come here."

"But he won't be the same. Dying," she paused, "it leaves a mark. It leaves something that you can never shake off!"

"Well, some characters who die in their realms and go to this realm are...let's say reincarnated. They won't remember anything."

-

Newt was swirling in a black pool of nothingness. He was unconscious, not knowing anything that was happening. Not knowing that he was stuck in limbo.

In that dark pool of nothingness, there was a voice.

"Find (G/N)."

-

"But what about me?"

"You were a special case. I wanted you back here the way you are."

"And Newt?"

"Don't worry. He'll still be the same boy you knew what you'll meet him. I can pull some strings, it's not that hard," he shrugged.

"I won't let it come to that."

"Too late."

-

Newt felt something cold fall on his face and entire body. He opened his eyes and saw something he hasn't seen for what felt like a long time.

Stars.

He slowly sat up and felt the rain fall on his body. He looked at his hands in wonder. He had no idea where he was or how he got there.

-

"Get yourself ready (Y/N)."

-

He remembered the voice. Find (G/N).

-

That night,  (Y/N) couldn't sleep. All she could think of was the last thing James said before he left.

"Newt is coming."

-

Three things happened during June 20, 2014.

The first is that (Y/N) was admitted to the Rosewood Institute.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade