The talk

I slowly opened the door,right now I was having second thoughts to why I had agreed to this. Or even worse,why I had even suggested it.

"Well,hello"
My mom blurted out whilst walking through the door,her jet black heels were rhythmically taping on the wooden floor board.
She was wearing a navy blazer,a pair of black jeans and a black short sleeveless top.

Immediately after my sister walked in,she rolled her eyes at me it was a sign that she still hated me and basically a declaration of war. My mom took one look at me,one look was enough to know that she was disgusted.
Rachel was wearing a white woolly jumper with a pair of black leggings.
In my opinion I thought she looked worse than I did.

"So should I get you guys anything?"Kat asked,trying her best to smile in front of them politely.

"No,no it's ok you're a lovely lady come sit with Rachel and I."
Mom insisted. She smiled back and I rolled my eyes at her,typical mom.

It was clear that she liked her much more than she ever did to me. She was like the second daughter she had always wanted.

"It's ok I'm sitting beside Maddy."Kat replied. I was glad she said that because she knew that me and my family weren't exactly close.

"So how are you?"
Mom asked reluctantly,trying to start a conversation. I really just wanted to get this day over and done with and in my mind,I was really regretting suggesting this.

"Good."
I replied cautiously.

"Maddy you and I know why I wanted to talk to you,why did you drop out of school?!"

She asked getting straight to the real reason why she had agreed to meet me. I nervously gulped and looked down at the table. I fiddled with my fingertips as I began to think of an reasonable explanation.

There was a thick layer of silence and tension. Mom was stating at me expectantly,Rachel had a wide grin on her face which made me want to puke. Kat looked at me pitifully as she and I knew that there was no way of escaping this.

"Answer me,why did you drop out,and worst of all why didn't you tell me!"
Mom yelled angrily. She slammed her palm on the table,causing me to flinch. A knot formed in my throat as I was reluctant to answer.

"School wasn't helping me mom. Music is something I want to do professionally and I can't do that in a place where being different is unacceptable. To be honest,I didn't have the hea-no,I didn't have the courage to tell you and I'm sorry."
I replied as silent tears runing down my flushed cheeks.

"I'm leaving! I've had enough of you doing things behind my back,I paid a lot of money just for you to have a good education,and now your saying that wasn't enough?!"
Mom yelled whilst standing up and quickly nodded her head at Rachel indicating her to come with her and I watched as they walked away,tears falling down my cheek. I knew she was never going to consider me as her daughter ever again,not that she ever did anyways.

"You dont need them,they aren't worth crying over."Kat whispered. She was trying to make me feel better but it didn't work and was all in vain.

"Kat,I litteraly lost my mother,my family-twice,it's only her my sister and I but I've lost them all."
I blurted over my constant sobbing.Kat rubbed my back and I then cried on her shoulder.
It was true,they were my only family,my dad had died in a car accident a while back.

"You're not alone,you have me,you dont need them,ok."
Kat whispered into my ear.

"I need to be alone."
I asked and then Kat nodded understandably.

"Ok."
Kat replied and walked up the stairs and into her room. And I was left alone sitting in the dining table,head in my wet hands,I dozed off to sleep. Dreaming of what had happend.

Well it was more like a nightmare.

*
*
*
*
SO GUYS I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!I KNOW IT IS SHORT BUT I THINK I AM GOING TO MAKE THEM ALL A BIT SHORT.SHORT AND SHARP AS I LIKE TO SAY.

BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD AS MADDY'S MOM
~Vicky