<3~Mir~<3 Part 4

(Just saying, I read a really funny manga today and was somewhat inspired so one of the minor characters in this chapter is totally manga based. Sorry, can’t be realistic all the time hahaha)

“Hey, has my brother asked you to dance yet?” Hyo Jin asked me as I sat alone at one of the tables. I didn’t mind the solitude either because Mir’s family was constantly talking to me that day—even family members I didn’t know. Honestly, I would not remember everyone’s names by the end of the day.

“Uh, no…,” I unsurely answered her. Did she want Mir to dance with me?

“I swear! That boy has no manners!” she ranted loudly, “Where is he? I need to talk to that boy.”

“He’s over talking to some of your family…but Eonni, don’t—”

Too late. She was already gone before I could even finish my sentence. Jeez, she seems scarier that manager-eonni… How can I possibly survive like this?

Suddenly, a very attractive guy with honey light brown hair sat down near me. His smile reminded me a lot like Mir’s but his other features weren’t. His face was slender than Mir’s and his eyes were closer together.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” he greeted me and continued speaking in Korean. Sure I was a kpop star, but we only debuted this year. Kalyn was near fluent in Korean and Maddie had plenty of skill behind her since she had to speak for the group as our leader. As for me though…my Korean speaking skills were okay. I was still learning and all, but when someone tried to speak to me like I was fluent as well, I would freak out.

“Um…I speak English,” I awkwardly told him, unconfident with my Korean. I just didn’t want to look utterly stupid or ignorant in front of such a cute boy.

In a flash, he changed languages like it was nothing. “Oh, so you’re an American?”

“Somewhat,” I unsurely answered him. I grew up in America and all, but I was also Korean. So I still had to talk to manager-eonni about my nationally status before I gave it out to strangers. Being a kpop star was so complicated sometimes and our group wasn’t even that popular yet.

“Wow, you don’t look like one,” he commented, “but hi, I’m JungHee.”

He flashed a charming smile towards me. Man, he is so cute… No! Stop it, Stephanie! You are faking an engagement right now!

“Nice to meet you,” I said, pretending to be uninterested as I gazed towards the dance floor full of people doing Gangnam style. Wow, that song is even affecting weddings now…

“And what’s your name?” he asked, not getting the hint that I was acting impassive right now.

“Stephanie.”

“Stephanie~” he cooed, leaning closer towards me, “Your name is very beautiful, just like yourself.”

Whoa, this guy was flirting hardcore. Argh! Why did this happen at a time I was pretending to be engage?! Mir so owed me a big one now.

“Uh thanks,” I awkwardly said, shifting slightly away from him.

“Would you like to dance?”

Sure, a complete stranger can ask me to dance, but not my pretend fiancé? This is so messed up.

“Oh, no thanks,” I politely declined him.

Surprisingly though, he continued to give that charming smirk. “Hm, I see what you’re doing. Playing hard to get?” He leaned even closer to me where his face was only a few inches away and whispered, “I like a challenge.”