How Did I Fall In Love With You

*Colson's POV*

"Do you think he's depressed?" A high pitched voice spoke outside of my bedroom door.

"No. It's something else."

"Do you think he has the flu?"

"He got his flu shot already."

"You can still get the flu." She said bluntly. She gasped. "Do you think he got a girl pregnant?"

"Our boy's afraid of babies."

These people are crazy. "You know I can hear you right?"

My Dad entered my room. "Son. Your Mom's worried. What's wrong?"

I groaned. "Nothing's wrong."

"Colson you've barely slept. Talk to us." I ignored my Mom's plea.

It's not that I didn't want to tell them what was going on. It's just I don't even understand it myself, how would I be able to explain it to others.

My Parents decided to circle around my bed and observe me closer. I groaned and placed my arm over my head to cover my eyes.

"It's not Mono is it? Son, who have you been kissing?" My Mom stomped her foot trying to get my attention. Too bad she's standing on carpet. Sort of negates the effect.

"It's not Mono Cary...." my Dad leaned over so that he was near my ears. "Our boy's in love."

I silently laughed to myself. My Parents are too much.

My Mom gasped and brought her hands over her mouth. "In love? With who?"

I rolled my eyes. "Mom—"

"Please tell me it's not that loose girl you've been dating."

"We've been over for a while now Mom."

"Is it Jan? She was always a nice girl."

"Cary, Jan moved a few years ago." My Dad seems bored with this conversation now. I'm right there with him.

"That's right." She chuckled to herself, forgetting that major detail. "Son is it that loose girl? Just tell me, I won't be mad. Well... that mad. It's her isn't it? Oh my God it is." I heard the panic in my Mom's voice and I had to calm it.

"Mom. It's not Brittany."

"Is it her friend? The one that Levi was dating because—"

I cut her off. "What? No!"

Was she on something?

I saw my Mom get ready to go on another tangent. I can't take another tangent. "THE GIRL I'M IN LOVE WITH IS OLIVIA!"

My Parents looked at me strange. They froze. Neither moved a muscle. They weren't even blinking.

Did I kill them?

It wasn't until my Mom started to laugh that I knew they were still alive. "Well hunny we already knew that." Relief washed over her like a waterfall.

I'm so confused right now.

"I don't get it. How did you know when I didn't even know?"

My Dad smiled at me goofily. "Son you've been in love with that girl since you kissed her on the playground when you were 6."

My mouth dropped. "You saw that?"

My Dad shrugged his shoulders. "It was hard to miss."

"I don't understand. Why's it now just hitting me?"