Safest Place To Hide

It was late the next day before I woke up and the boys didn't say much. I suppose they were afraid to say the wrong thing.

Instead of asking me the questions I'm sure are filling their minds, they ran a warm bath for me, and allowed me the chance to rid myself of yesterday.

Physically at least.

I had to be in the bath for a while because when I finally got out my hands and feet were all pruny and dry, and the water was cold.

I took my time putting on lotion and tying my hair up in a high messy bun. I wanted to take as much time to myself as I possibly could.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My stomach was heavily bruised. I had to know if it hurt as bad as it looked so I gently brought my hands down to my torso. I winced at the pain.

It's safe to say, they did hurt as bad as they looked.

My eyes were swollen and red. I looked like me. But I didn't feel like me. I was clean from the bath but I felt dirty.

When I came out of Colson's bathroom they had left the room and placed a pair of gray sweatpants, a white shirt, and our school sweatshirt on the bed for me.

They smelled like Colson. A comforting aroma.

I slowly made my way downstairs where they had a cup of tea waiting for me along with charcoal pills to absorb any left over drugs in my system.

They smiled when they saw me walk through into the living room. They both got up and Colson left for the kitchen, Levi guided me towards the Harpers couch.

They still weren't saying anything. It was a bit nerve wrecking.

I nuzzled myself into my favorite seat on their couch, the L shaped section. Levi fluffed up some pillows behind me and wrapped me in a blanket.

This was reminding me of how he acted when I had my surgery. Every movement he made was gentle. Like I could break any moment.

"Do you need anything else?" Levi asked softly. His voice was hoarse.

Colson came into the room with a cup of tea. He handed it to me softly, as if it were heavy. I brought the mug to my nose and smelled the chamomile tea.

I love tea.

I studied the teenage boys around me. They both looked so tired. I wondered if they slept at all. My Poor Dom and Brian...

I shook my head no, finally answering Levi's question.

Levi rubbed the back of his neck. Something he only does when frustrated or nervous. "Mind if I ask some questions?"

I shook my head no again. I knew they needed answers, just as I needed mine.

"Why'd you call Cole and not me?"

"Because I thought you'd kill him." I said flatly.

"And you thought I wouldn't?" Colson was a bit offended.

"You're right. I should've called Sawyer." My expression went blank as I thought about my decision on who to call. I meant it as a joke though. I knew I made the right call when I phoned Colson. Deep down inside, I knew that he'd tell Levi. I was hoping that he would. That way I wouldn't have to.

"He's still alive right?" I'm not sure why I cared. I suppose it was more for the boys conscious than the fate of the guy who attacked me.

"Yeah. I left him alive. He may not be able to fill his limbs, feel his ribs, and see out of his eyes for a few weeks but he's alive." Levi looked at his bruised and busted knuckles.