I Turn To You

"Care to let me in on why Tyler Wilson is on our lawn?" Levi burst through my room quite annoyed.

Sawyer and I looked at each other and as if rehearsed, we got up from our seated positions on my bed and ran to my windows. We peaked behind the curtains and sure enough, Tyler was standing in our yard with a huge poster with the words 'I'm Sorry I'm An Ass' written on it.

It was sort of adorable. It would've been even more heartwarming though if the reason why he was apologizing wasn't the reason though.

"What'd he do?" Levi looked angry. He didn't even know what Tyler had done and he was still already looking like he wanted to break his teammate in two.

"Nothing I can't handle." I patted Levi's shoulder on the way out of my room.

I took my time walking down the stairs heading to the front door. I was trying to decide if not speaking to him for two days was enough of a punishment for his actions.

By the time I reached my front door I still hadn't decided but I opened it anyways.

Tyler stood there, beaming from eye to eye. "What do you think? Some romantic shit huh?"

I giggled. "Ty what are you doing here?"

"You won't respond to my calls or text messages." He sounded sad.

"And there's a reason for that." I was trying to remain firm on being angry with him.

Tyler huffed and made his way steadily to me. He was taking his time I assumed because he was trying to map out my current mood.

He placed the poster board down on the ground and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close to his body.

Tyler placed a soft hand under my chin, tilting my head up towards him before pressing his lips to mine.

His kiss was warm, passionate, and delicate. He laid his forehead against my own. "I'm sorry Liv. So sorry." He was breathless with his words. "Please forgive me."

I didn't have to forgive him. He crossed a line and I punished him for it. Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully he learns from his.

"I forgive you." I finally said to him. I was lying of course but I just didn't have the mindset to rip him a new one at the moment.

After Tyler left I received a serious lecture from Sawyer. She was furious at my decision to not tell her why Tyler felt the need to apologize and she had every right to be.

She yelled at me for a good ten minutes before deciding to trust that I knew what I was doing. Truth is, I had no idea what I was doing. But she didn't need to know that.

Levi poked his head in my room. "John needs me to pick him up from Stacey's. She threw him out for being too drunk."

"But it's only 8 o'clock?" I don't know why I said that like a question towards the mental stability of John. I completely forgot who I was talking about. It was the weekend which meant John was in pre-party mode. Being popular had its perks and John was going to use them until he couldn't use them anymore.

I sometimes envied his resolve.

"Okay. Be careful."

"I always am." He smiled and left us alone in my room.

Sawyer was calm now but still annoyed with me. I flipped through the channels on my tv and landed on Ridiculousness. Perhaps watching other people do stupid shit would make her laugh and forget my stupid shit for the day.