I Choose

"I don't know Olivia."

I put my faux suede brown jacket over my black sleeveless tank top.

"Why does Mom want you to go?"

"She thinks I need to be around people who I haven't known since diapers." I text Sawyer back and put my phone in the back pocket of my black skinny jeans.

"Okay, but the last party you went to you broke my girlfriend's nose." I watched Levi put the left over pizza in the fridge and grab his bomber jacket from the bar stool.

"Ex-girlfriend." Colson stuffed the last piece of his pizza crust in his mouth.

Levi smacked his hand on the table. He then pointed his finger at Colson excitedly. "Thanks Bro. You broke my EX-girlfriend's nose."

"She deserved it."

Colson shook his head intensely, agreeing with my need to give a spontaneous nose job.

Levi groaned and stared at the closed fridge in deep thought. "Are you sure you can handle this?"

"No. I. Am. Not."

Colson wiped his hands on a napkin and threw it in the trash. "Way to make us feel confident."

"Look all you have to do is take me with you, I spend a good 10 minutes there just so that we're not liars and then I drive somewhere Olivia worthy and then swing back around to get you guys. It's a fool proof plan."

"I don't think anyone who refers to their self in third person can come up with a fool proof plan."

My brother may have a slight point but either way, it's the only plan we've got.

I sighed in frustration. "Are we doing this or not?"

The guys looked at each other trying to make up their minds. I understand their desire to not have me tag along. I'm not the most stable person right now. I wouldn't even bring me. But our Mom has recognized that I haven't been out much and pretty soon she'll want to know why and I'm far from ready to explain the truth.

"Fine you can go." Colson agreed with a slight frown.

Something tells me he doesn't want me to go. Maybe it's the scowl on his face.

Levi grabbed his keys off of the table. "But the second you feel out of place, we're leaving."

"You don't have to leave with me."

"Olivia." Levi stopped walking and turned to face me to make sure that I was listening.

I saluted. "Warning heard."

———

The party was at Lewis' and it was packed.

Do people not have anything better to do? There were just two parties last weekend.

I stayed pretty quiet the entire ride here. Levi and Colson took turns asking if I was fine. Occasionally they'd throw in an, 'are you sure?'.

I feel more like a burden than a sister and friend right now. All they do is worry about me. They have to be exhausted.

That's why tonight has to go according to plan. They deserve a nice, fun night out. The championship is also next weekend. They need to let out some aggression.

I can do this. It's just a party. How hard can it be?

The boys stayed close by for a while. I was doing pretty good so I left them to go pee. I wandered around Lewis' house a little before returning to the kitchen. Lewis had a lovely house. Well, his Parents have a lovely house.