Next To You

"What's wrong with Sawyer?" Levi asked, noticing my friend down on her luck.

"Oh nothing. She's just blushing all of the time, over captivated by feelings that make her want to curl up into a ball because she's overanalyzing every little thing, causing her to zone out and daydream of what's to come. All while dealing with things fluttering in her stomach that she can't control that makes her say and do stupid things." I took a sip of my water and then took a bite out of my apple from my lunch.

"Huh?" The guys asked in unison.

"A crush!" I said as if it was obvious. "I'm talking about an innocent little crush. Sawyer has a crush on a very pretty girl."

"Wait! You think she's pretty?" Her phone chimed causing her to immediately check the notification forgetting about the question she just asked.

I stared blankly at Sawyer. "Yeah she's been like this for a few days now."

"So... who is she?"

"Yes Sawyer, who is she?" I repeated my Brother's question. I was teasing my friend for one simple reason.

"You don't know her name do you?" Colson asked, a little disappointed.

Sawyer shook her head no.

"You see this crush of her's has gym when Sawyer has Health so she hasn't gotten the opportunity to introduce herself." I stated.

"Not at all?" Colson questioned.

"Nope. Not when she passes her in the hall on the way to 6th period, or sees her walking to her Spanish class during second period, or when she takes timely bathroom breaks everyday at 10:00am." Why do I know this information you ask? Well I have a perfectly good non-stalkerish reason.

Sawyer knows.

I placed my hand over my heart and playfully pouted. "It's very sad."

Sawyer finally tuned into our conversation and hit me.

I shrugged. Yeah. I deserved that.

"When did you stop being so fierce?" Levi asked.

"Probably when I forgot how to speak English when I'm around her." Sawyer looked like she was ashamed of herself.

I nodded my head. "She does. It's a bit awkward."

The guys laughed.

"Wait! Hold up! You telling me you gay?" Nicole asked with too much disgust in her voice for my liking.

"I go both ways Sweetie. But don't worry, you're not my type."

"What sexy?" Nicole snapped.

"No. Bitchy." Sawyer said with an evil grin.

The table snickered.

I swear, sometimes Nicole and Brittany just ask for it.

For the rest of lunch Sawyer tried to explain to the guys what her crush looked like to see if they knew her name. After forty five minutes the only thing we know is her class schedule, that she has blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles around her nose, short nails because she bites them, that she sometimes wore glasses, and had a dimple around her smile.

So basically we've got nothing.

After lunch I tried my best to encourage Sawyer to just say two little letters.

"Come on. Even babies know how to say 'hi'."

"Thanks Liv. I'll remember that when you get a crush."