The door opened and the person walked inside. Shouto didn't look away from the old man. Face still pulled in a frown.

"This young lady would be joining us, I believe you know each other. I invited her here to intern and train with you." Endeavor gestured to the person.

Shouto turned his head to look, but as soon as his eyes landed on the person, his frown and his glare crumbled to confusion. What is she doing here? Why is she here?

The girl cleared her throat and looked away from Shouto. She knew that there's a probability of Shouto interning for his own father's agency, but she still chose to intern here even if he's here. Who would pass the chance to work with the number two hero anyway?

"I apologize for being late, Endeavor-san."

"You weren't late, now both of you will be working together here. Get ready,  we're going somewhere." Endeavor said, standing up to leave and stood at his door.

"Going where?" Shouto said once he got over his shock.

"If this incident follows precedent, then the killer will appear in Hosu city. We will go to Hosu for a business trip and work there. I'll show you both what a hero is."

"Contact Hosu city immediately!" Endeavor shouted at his employees. He left the room and the two teens.

Once the man had left the room, a tense silence left the two. Sunako turned to leave but an arm halted her movements.

"What are you doing here?" Shouto asked, his grip on her arm firm.

"Your father gave me an offer, so I'm here." Sunako replied, trying to shake off his hand. His hand was warm and it sends shivers down her spine.

"Yeah I know, but why would you choose him? You had a lot of offers from what I saw."

"Todoroki, I didn't want to pass the opportunity to be trained by the number two hero, you know. I knew that you would probably be here too." Sunako told him. Shouto sighed and looked away from her.

"Look, if you wanted to be alone with him in training then I'm sorry, okay? I should've asked you first." Sunako said to him. She wanted to be on good terms with him,so she opted to apologize instead.

"It's...not that. It's just—" Shouto hesitated, he didn't want to complicate their situation any further and make her uncomfortable if he told her the truth.

"You wouldn't understand." He said, letting go of her arm and walking away.

Sunako watched his form walk further away from her. The last thing he said made her confused. What wouldn't she understand? Was it that bad that it would drive him away? She sighed and carried on, walking after him and towards the car. Whatever it is, she wanted to understand.

❦︎

"Get changed into your costumes then meet me in the training room. We'll start in thirty minutes." Endeavor told the two as soon as they arrived in his office at Hosu city. It didn't take that long to get there, and he was itching to see the girl's power.

"The lounge's bathroom is at the second floor, we can change there." Shouto told the red head when Endeavor had left.

"Okay, lead the way." Sunako replied to the boy.