~~ 48. 5 ~~

Meliodas' POV

I saw it in the way she moved, how she fought, the ease with which she wielded the flames. Estra had said they were exact replicas of his power but I hadn't really believed it until seeing her use them.

It wasn't hard to forget power that had fought alongside you.

Old friend, what have you done?

"So now I have five skills," Estra said, counting them off on her fingers. We were standing outside with Elizabeth, whom Estra was excited to tell. "Enflame, Firework, Thief, Kitsune and my new one, Cold Fire." She clenched her hand into a fist, a dangerous flint in her eye. "If I train enough, Hendrickson won't know what hit him in the face."

I doubted she'd get close enough to the Grand Holy Knight now after all that went down but I was sure that if I told her as such, she'd punch me with all her pent up energy.

"You still haven't learnt Cold Fire yet. You just read it," I pointed out.

"Which is why we're out here now." She was fired up. "Ban! Get over here!" she hollered, bounding away.

"It seems she's recovered well," Elizabeth said. She cradling the book like a baby. Estra had palmed it off to her before we'd even got out of the tavern, telling her to take good care of it while she practiced. "I wasn't sure she'd be well enough after what she went through."

Estra tackled Ban. "You're the only one who can withstand my attacks. At least if I kill you, you won't actually die."

"What and that's supposed to make it hurt less? I can still feel some semblance of pain, you know?"

"Seems all she needed was alcohol and sleep to perk her back up," I remarked, turning away from them and facing the direction of Liones.

"It won't be long now," Elizabeth said, voicing my thoughts. She'd followed my gaze, a fierce spark in her eyes. She looked so much like Liz, defiant and ready to fight, that it hurt. "Hendrickson will answer for what he's done to my kingdom."

"Don't worry," I said, giving her rump a pat. She went red instantly. "We'll save the King, your family and all of Liones."

"I know you will," she muttered beneath her blush. "You're the Seven Deadly Sins after all."