~~ ELEVEN ~~

The raucous laughter filled the night air as all the town's folk – and I literally mean the whole village – filled the tavern and drank to their heart's content. I would say ate, too, but they soon found out how horrible Meliodas was at cooking.

"Hey, can we getting another round over here?" shouted one of the men, cheeks a rosy red as he swayed on his seat.

"Coming right up!" Meliodas hollered back, before turning to me. "You're up, Estra."

I tugged at the hem of the dress Meliodas had forced me into, before trying to roll the gigantic sleeves up on the black and white ruffled shirt. "Get Elizabeth to do it!" I snapped. 

"No

"No. You have to pay me back somehow," Meliodas replied.

Glowering, I snatched the tray filled with a jug of ale from his hands and strutted towards the table in platformed shoes. If I had ears, they would be flicked back in annoyance.

"Here you are men," I flourished, smiling at them sweetly.

"Thanks, miss!" one shouted, while another tried to grab my butt.

"Hands off or I will gut you," I sang in a shrill voice, still smiling, teeth gritted, before I headed back to the kitchens.

Meliodas, that vile, stupid pervert was making me work to pay off the rent of staying at the Boar's Hat. I could understand where he was coming from, but why did I have to be the one in the ridiculous outfit? Elizabeth got to wear what she's been wearing all day. I glanced over at her, carefully walking towards a table close to her, a tray wobbling in her hands.

Three... Two... One...

CRASH!

Elizabeth's tray went flying, along with all the ale. Sailing through the air and landing on me. As if the day couldn't get any worse, I slipped as I jumped back, heading up head over heels, my empty tray smacking me in the forehead.

"That's it!" I screamed, getting to my feet and stomping back upstairs to the room I was given to sleep in.

I ripped the dress off me, the satisfying sound of fabric being torn at the seams filling my ears, before I dressed in a singlet and long black pants. The ruffled, shredded mess of the dress went out the window and fluttered to the ground, before I slammed the window shut.

A sheet of paper fluttered in the air, before sliding to the ground. I bent down and unfolded it, noting the tattoo design.

Maybe someone would be willing to do it for me in this town?

Highly unlikely, but it was worth a shot. Walking barefoot back down, I came upon another disaster of a scene, where found was splattered on the floor, with Elizabeth being consoled by Hawk.

"There, there," he repeated over and over to the sobbing princess.

I decided to steer clear of the scene, instead opting for the closest table of men who still looked like they were sober enough to stay on topic.