~~ 13.5 ~~

Leraj's POV 

Her hair was like fire as she flicked her head and walked off, body bruised and shallow cuts marring her soft skin. But she was smiling.

"Hey, Fox," I called after her impulsively.

"Yeah?"

"What's your name?"

"It's Estra."

"Well, Estra. May we meet again one day."

She smiled at me, teeth and all. "Sure. Thanks for teaching me how to fight. Now I can pummel Meliodas' face in." She punched her fist into her palm, an evil smirk gracing her lips.

I laughed at that reaction and waved her off. She bid me farewell again before disappearing in the wheat again. The smile ran off my face when the stalks stopped swaying.

I'd gathered all the knowledge I had to from Estra about Meliodas' plans. Her final parting words had convinced me of her involvement with that merry band of criminals. Hendrickson would be pleased.

I just wished that I didn't have to do this to the beautiful girl. But Hendrickson needed her and my contract was non-negotiable.

A demon hound was summoned by the flick of my fingers, emerging from the woods. Shaggy coat dusted with ash, he prowled towards me, his four red eyes blinking at me. His tail wagged happily, an emotion that didn't come natural for a creature born from the death of others and burning towns.

"Heido," I called him forward, before scratching under his chin

"Heido," I called him forward, before scratching under his chin. "I need you to follow the Fox girl. Don't do anything except follow. Report back to me at the end of every week on what has happened in her life. Don't fail me."

He whined, put a paw on my leg, before disappearing into the wheat, his coat warping to match the colours like a chameleon.

Sighing,I packed up my gear and headed out. Hendrickson would want the report; I had beenout for too long anyway. Sword in hand, I trudged back home. 

A/N: Sometimes, I'm too evil for my own good.

Thoughts? Comments? Also, did I spell Hendrickson right? I always get it wrong. 

The picture is sort of how I imagined Heido; just picture it with four eyes and a shaggier coat.