13- Answers

I woke up feeling more refreshed than I had in years. I looked to my left and smiled. Dean slept soundly, looking angelic.

After last night, it was safe to say I didn't hate him anymore. Sure, we fought a lot and he was still super annoying, but hate's too strong of a word. If anything, it was a dislike.

It scared me how quickly he came to my aid. It was even scarier how safe he made me feel.

I liked Dean from last night. He wasn't making fun of me. He actually told me something about his past. 

And I guess I did the same.

His eyes popped open and he smirked. "Liking what you see?" I groaned, throwing a pillow at him. It seems like last night's behavior didn't carry over.

I untangled myself from him and stood up, adjusting my pjs. He had a lazy smile and I rolled my eyes before going to the bathroom. Moments later, he stood in the doorway, watching me.

His hair was a mess on top of his head. Strands poked out in all directions. I felt the strong urge to grab his head and fix it.

I handed him an extra toothbrush and scoot over so he'd have room at the sink. He started brushing his teeth and I tried to not stare at him as he did it, focusing on myself.

We both leaned in to spit at the same time. Luckily, he stopped and pulled away, giving me space. He went soon after, and then I started rinsing out my mouth and washing my face. 

"You know, we could totally skip school today," he said as I applied moisturizer on my face. I gave him an incredulous look in the mirror. "I'm just sayin. With the night you had, do you really want to go today?" 

He had a point. I really wasn't in the mood to go sit at school for seven hours. 

"I'll tell you more about my past," he tempted me. He knew the debate was over. I was so desperate to find out about his old life. I don't know why, either. I guess I just wanted an explanation for why he was the way he was. "Come on," he continued, "I'll even throw in a free meal."

"Fine," I sighed dramatically, even though I was down either way. "But, you have to answer my questions for once."

"Anything," he smiled, almost taking my breath away. It was one of those genuine smiles he rarely gave. 

He gave me a weird look as I just stared at him. I couldn't help myself! He just looked so... different when he smiled like that. 

I forced myself to break out of my spell. "Let me guess, Mel's?"

"You know it," he grinned, walking back into the room. He grabbed his jacket and walked out the door.

"Wait!" I called out behind him. "I need to change."

"I know," he chuckled. "That's why I'm leaving."

Right. I mentally smacked myself and closed the door behind him, locking it. I didn't trust him to not barge in.

I got ready quickly, wearing jeans and a t-shirt. He was waiting in the hall when I opened the door, fully dressed.

We walked out and awkwardly stopped in the driveway. He nodded to his bike and I frantically shook my head. There was no way in hell I'd be riding that. 

He sighed and walked over to my jeep. I triumphantly smiled and slid into the driver's seat. I drove to the diner. The route was becoming much more familiar. 

When we entered the cozy building, the same waitress was there. Her brows quirked at the sight of us. "Back again?" She asked me, gaining Dean's interest. I nodded and smiled politely as I ordered, this time getting a burger too. No one else seemed to be getting sick, so I hoped the burger was safe. She turned to Dean and a stern expression covered her face. "Dean, why aren't you at school?"