Recklessness

You and Loki had just gotten back from a mission. You hadn't talk to him since you got on the jet to get back.

You set your mission bag on the floor next to the door as you walked in, Loki following after. You went to the kitchen and grabbed a drink from the mini bar, pouring it into a small glass.

Loki set his back down next to yours and watched you. "Darling, are you going to talk to me?"

You said nothing, taking a sip of your drink and heading towards the hall. "Love-"

"Loki, I don't want to talk to you right now." You told him.

He asked, "Why not?"

You looked at him, giving him a glare, "Because I'm pissed!"

He asked again, "And why is that, love?"

You replied, almost spitting your words, "Don't call me 'love' right now, alright? I'm not in the mood at the moment."

You took another sip of your drink and he asked, "Okay, why are you pissed with me?"

You told him, "Your recklessness almost got us all killed, Loki! It's a good thing Natasha got there quick enough or we wouldn't be standing here right now!"

Loki laughed slightly, "That's what this is about? We're alive, aren't we?"

You spat, "No thanks to you! You didn't think, you just did! 'One mistake and we're dead'. That's what Cap told us and it obviously didn't register in your mind because that mistake was almost the end for us! All of us!"

"Well, I'm sorry I wasn't perfect enough to keep us alive. It's all my fault if we all got killed! That we almost got killed! It's a good thing Lady Romanoff was there or we all would have died on my account!"

You sighed harshly, "That isn't what I meant, Loki! You're just so reckless! You try to plan things out but you don't do it without casualties! Just think!"

Loki was furious by now. He threw knives at you with his eyes as he said, "Well, I guess I'm just not intelligent enough to think, am I? No, I'm just your stupid boyfriend, aren't I?"

You wanted to let out a scream, but you kept it in as you yelled, "That's not what I-! You know what? If you want to act like that, then I'm done. I don't care."

You grabbed your mission bag and stormed out of the house, getting in the car and driving away. You drove for a while, no destination in mind. You just wanted to calm down before you actually went anywhere.

After driving around for about half an hour, you decide to go to the tower. You park your car and get out, walking into the tower.

You went to the living room floor and plopped down on the couch. Steve, who sat on the couch next to you, asked, "Loki?"

"You have no idea." You answered. You thought for a moment and stood, "I need a drink." You went to the bar and poured yourself a drink.

You took a sip and let the liquid soothe you. "That...is so much better." You spoke. Steve chuckled, "I bet it was." He took the drink from your hand slowly and set it to the side, "But don't drink your problems away."

He got a bottle of water from the refrigerator behind the bar and handed it to you. There was an alarm the both of your phones. You pulled yours from your pocket, Steve doing the same with his.

Mission Call: Steve Rogers, Clint Barton, Loki Laufeyson, Sam Wilson, Tony Stark.

You put your phone back "They called you again?" Steve sighed, standing from the couch and heading down the hall to get ready for his mission.