Part Thirty-Five: Chapter 270: The Only Thing In Life That Matters

"Come on J, you're not thinking rationally," Ivy pleads. Her hands are slightly up, as if a SWAT team stood with weapons trained on all her kill zones. But there was no gun aimed at her head. Instead, the Joker stood with his gun pressed under his chin.

"No! I'm just going to go ahead and do the world a fucking favor! You'd be better off with ol' J six feet under! You'd all be better off without me around

"No! I'm just going to go ahead and do the world a fucking favor! You'd be better off with ol' J six feet under! You'd all be better off without me around. My wife needs a real man to take care of her and be a father to her baby! I'm so fucking pathetic that I couldn't even make a baby with her!!" The Joker shouts, his finger puts more and more pressure on the guns trigger.

"J, you're talking all crazy. Ok? You're, you're just depressed. All the failed plans to get Harley back have just drug you down. You don't have to kill yourself. Ok? Just...just put the gun down and take a breath sweety," Ivy calmly tries to reason with the suicidal clown.

But her words weren't swaying the Joker. He presses the gun even more firmly under his chin. "Stop placating me!!" He screams. "Don't you stand there and tell me I don't deserve to die! If anybody in the entire world deserves it, it's me!! Take a fucking poll! I'm at the top of EVERY shit list! Every dead pool!!"

"No J, you're not on any of my lists. I don't want you to die. I love you J. Harley loves you. Jester loves you. And, and we all need you. We depend on you J. We're a family. And one day real soon, were all going to be together again," Ivy continues, her voice growing softer, though more desperate.

The Joker lunges forward and grabs Ivy's hand. He roughly shoves his gun into her hand and presses her finger over the trigger. He drops to his knees before her and holds her hand with the gun to his forehead. "Do it! Pull that fucking trigger!!"

"No!!! Please let go of my hand!!! You're going to make me accidentally pull the trigger!!!" By now Ivy is starting to panic a bit

"GOOD!! Fucking do it!!" He shouts and struggles with Ivy to keep the barrel rested on his forehead.

"Please J!!!" Ivy shouts with tears welling up in her green eyes, "Stop this!!"

"You stop it!! The power is right there under your finger!! Can't you feel it?! Just a tiny bit more pressure!! DO IT!!!" The Joker relentlessly presses down on her finger.