Part Twenty-Seven: Chapter 203: In Time

Jake slowly paces the room with his arms folded across his chest. His eyes were mostly on the floor, but now and again they looked up to the Joker lying on the gurney.

His vitals were where they needed to be

His vitals were where they needed to be. The life support was working. His body temperature was 77° Fahrenheit, and slowly rising. Everything was good and Jake felt relieved.

Jake walks over to his brother and stares down at him.

He looks at his bandaged head

He looks at his bandaged head. Under those bandages was Jack's exposed brain. Jake had to leave out the square he had cut in his skull for surgery. It was necessary for the post-operative swelling. The section of the Joker's skull lie in a container of sterile water. Jake would put it back in once the swelling subsided.

Jake bends over a little for a better look. He focuses on the area around the Joker's left ear. Jake had to shave the Joker's head for surgery. Jake had been wondering what color his brother's hair really was? Was it indeed an identical match to his? He brushes his finger across the new green stubble that was starting to grow back.

Those chemicals had changed so much. Much more than just his physical and mental changes. In a sense the Joker had metahuman possibilities. His blood could be weaponized. It actually worked as an acid to the flesh. Everyone who didn't have the chemicals in their blood stream would experience severe burns. His Joker venom was derived from his blood. It helped him heal faster. It kept him immune to viruses and diseases.

Jake glances to the monitors to check the Joker's temperature.