The Forbidden Fruit | 40

Start from the beginning

I smiled in response and shot up from the chair. "C'mon let's go to the lounge, Tyler texted me a few minutes ago, everyone's chilling there," I said, Erika slipped on her shoes and together we made our way downstairs to the crowded lounge.

As we approached the guys Erika slipped in beside Ace on the smaller sofa, falling onto his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck. Finally, the two decided that they'd go public with their relationship after I had to drill it into her head that they needed to stop playing games and just date.

I lowered myself in between Max and Tyler and Tyler immediately slipped his fingers through mine and pulled me closer towards him. I flashed him a smile as he mumbled a soft hey. "Yay, the whole gang is here!" Max exclaimed excitedly.

"Hooray, I have to see everyone's ugly face before going home to see even uglier faces."

"Yeah screw you." Aaron chuckled as he slapped Ace across the head to which he winced in pain and shot Aaron a glare. "You motherfu–"

"Hey, boys! Behave like boys, not feral animals!" Erika scolded as she slapped away Aaron's hand from Ace's head and made a point of pinching his cheeks even though she just scolded them on being violent.

"Tyler, you know what you're doing for thanksgiving?" Max asked. I frowned deeply when Tyler's body stiffened from beside me. He clenched his jaw tightly and flickered his eyes shut before shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly although I could clearly see the uneasiness on his face.

I squeezed his hand reassuringly, he peered down at me, somehow smiled through his frown. I groaned at the fluttering in my stomach and blushed when his eyes never left mine, it's as if ever since we began dating Tyler became the guy I once knew.

The same guy who handled me with care in that hallway the day that he accidentally almost broke my nose. The same guy who smiled at me every time he walked down his porch or flashed me his charming smiles in the hallways when he would catch me staring at him.

It was completely different from the guy he portrayed when we met here in college, this emotion and expressionless guy who was possessive and controlling over me–someone that I thought he hated. But ever since the night I caught him crying it's like he hit the revert button and was back to his old self.

I didn't know whether this was a good thing or a bad thing because he still harbours whatever made him cry. And I want to know.

"I'm gonna go visit my mom, spend it with her." He said. "My dad came back from the army, he told me they're moving bases so maybe he can be able to stay home longer than just two days," Max exclaimed.

"Hey good for you Max." I smiled as I leaned into his shoulder and gave it a soft squeeze. "Oh since we're all here I have something to tell you guys. So I know everyone here is spending Thanksgiving with their families and we can all agree that we are also a family but we won't be able to spend that day together. So! I got us tickets to a concert this weekend and booked hotel rooms for the next two days so we can spend it together!"

"What!? Bella that's so cool!" Ace shrieked as he leaped off of the sofa and came barreling towards me. I squealed in shock when he flung himself onto me in a bone-crushing hug, dismissing my wheezing as I patted his back. "Okay, you're suffocating the girl! Get off." Max laughed as he wrapped his hands around Ace's waist and yanked him off of me.

I sucked in a harsh breath and snapped my head towards Tyler who was currently dipped over, laughing his ass off. I slapped him across the arm and chuckled softly before averting my gaze from him. "So what do you guys say?"

"Is that really a question sweet cheeks? Of course, we'll come. I mean you really are our fairy godmother, right guys?" Max exclaimed.

"Correct."