Chapter 10: The Plan

Wraith POV

When he finished, there was a moment of silence. Then Flame said, "This plan is either crazy brave, or just plain crazy."

Wraith grinned. "I'll take that as a compliment since I am totally insane."

"It will be dangerous," Hunter warned. "You will be in grave danger."

Wraith shrugged. "You just defined my general lifestyle. So, are we all in?"

Cynder looked at the others and then back at Wraith. "It's crazy, but I'll do it. I'm in."

Spyro nodded. "Me too. Let's go show Terrador and Cyril that we are not going to let them kill our friend." Hunter and Flame both nodded in agreement.

"Alright then," Wraith slapped his hands together. "Let's do this." Everyone nodded and trudged off downstairs while Wraith waited on the balcony. He waited five minutes before he walked out of Cynder's room and headed downstairs toward the main hall. As he expected, Terrador and Cyril were still there, arguing with Volteer. Several cheetahs milled around as well. He grinned. Perfect. A door opened, and Spyro walked out as planned.

"So, did you have any luck finding the creature?" he asked Cyril.

Spyro POV

Cyril shook his head. "No," he said. "The creature disappeared. I thought it was done for, but the creature's body is nowhere to be found." Then he glared at Terrador. "We should have listened to what the creature had to say. Didn't you notice how it just knelt there as if it had nothing to lose? Then you had to go and shoot a boulder at it."

Terrador scoffed. "It was probably a servant of Malefor. Warfang is well rid of the menace."

Spyro glanced in Wraith's direction and saw him turn invisible as he slid against the wall that led to the Pool of Visions. Just before he disappeared, Wraith gave him the thumbs up. Spyro nodded and said to Terrador, "Actually, I don't think we are rid of the menace."

"And why is that?" Volteer asked.

"Because its right over there!" Spyro shouted as he pointed across the room. Right on cue, Wraith appeared.

Terrador's eyes widened. "It's the creature! Get it!" He and Cyril charged after Wraith as he took off toward the Pool of Visions. Flame and Hunter walked in.

"What's going—" Hunter began, but Cyril cut him off, shouting, "It's the creature! Come on!" He resumed chasing after Wraith. Flame and Hunter followed.

Volteer looked like he was about to chase after him when Spyro put a wing in front of him. "Wait."

Volteer glared at him. "Give me one good reason why I should."

Spyro took a deep breath and said, "Wraith can take care of himself."

Volteer's eyes widened. "How do you—"

"I'll explain, Volteer." Cynder had arrived. She started telling him about Wraith's plan while Spyro raced to catch up to the others.

As he raced down the hall, Spyro thought, Wow. Wraith really knows what he's doing. So far, everything has gone exactly the way he wanted it to.

Wraith POV

Wraith shot down hallway after hallway until he arrived at the Pool of Visions. He slammed the door behind him and ran to the pool, knowing he only had a few seconds. He placed his hands on the pool and concentrated on his memories. As soon as he found the ones he wanted, he mentally pushed them toward the pool. He heard the doors slam open, and he made himself invisible. He was dimly aware of everyone thundering around, searching for him. He walked away toward the wall while maintaining his connection to the pool. He watched as Terrador, Cyril, Flame, Hunter, and eventually Spyro ran inside. He watched as each of them reported no sign of him.