Chapter 21: In the Darkness

Malefor POV

Malefor seethed inside the purple crystal that Spyro and Cynder had trapped him in. He roared and slashed at the purple haze around him, but he couldn't get free. An ape commander walked into the excavation pit and knelt.

"Lord Malefor, I have news from our spy inside Warfang."

Malefor's eyes narrowed. "Proceed."

"Our spy reported that she had encountered Spyro and Cynder. Apparently, they survived."

"WHAT?!" Malefor roared.

"And there's more. She saw some kind of hairless ape journeying with Spyro and Cynder. Apparently, it gave the guardians quite a chase. It single-handedly defeated Spyro."

Malefor's eyes widened. "If this thing is evil, then we may just have what we need to destroy Warfang once and for all."

The ape commander shook his head. "There's a problem with that. The creature managed to convince the guardians to trust it."

Malefor scowled. "Then we need to get rid of this creature. It could prove a threat to our plans. If it could defeat Spyro, it could possibly prove a great threat to our forces. Send a message to our spy. Let her know to use the crystal to affect everyone except the creature."

The ape nodded. "It shall be done my lord."

Malefor grinned wickedly. "Let us see how tough this creature is when it has to face its own so-called friends."