Chapter 24: Breakfast and Some Last-Minute Preparation

Wraith POV

It was the day of the dance. The cheetahs, the moles, and Wraith had managed to put together a massive range of songs for the dance and for the singers. They had Last of the Real Ones, Cupid Shuffle, Handclap, and many more. He had spent the last few days practicing his dance moves in both forms, and at night, he practiced his swordplay with Hunter. Tonight was the night when everything would go down. He was excited, terrified, and raring to go.

Wraith walked down the stairs to the main hallway of the temple. He had gotten up early so that he could prepare the party. Summoning his shadow powers, Wraith teleported to the mess hall at the academy. He glanced around. All the tables were still set up, and the whole hall was dark. He grinned. One thing that he loved about this world was that the academy didn't do any classes on the day of the dance.

He shook his head. Enough monologuing, he had work to do. He immediately started folding up the tables. Since they were bigger than he was, he switched to his dragon form.

Darksield POV

An hour later, Darksield finished the job. He stepped back and surveyed his work. He had left a few tables still standing, but the rest he had set against the wall. He had also found an extra storeroom to put the chairs. He had cleared off a massive section of the mess hall so that the entire middle was completely open.

Then he started setting up the stage. He brought roughly thirty wooden crates from the basement of the temple to the mess hall, teleporting with two at a time until he had all of them. He then put them together so that he had a massive rectangle that would lift the band seven feet off the ground.

Now time for part two. Teleporting back to the temple, he reassumed his human form.

Wraith POV

Wraith ran to the extra room where he had hidden the instruments and teleported them all to the mess hall. Normally, this would have tired him, but thanks to him having a dragon form, the effort barely drained him. He set up the guitars and drums in the standard band pattern that he remembered from his world. Then, he put the newly crafted music stands in several areas and put the song sheets on them. Next, he put the lyric sheets in a pile on one end of the stage.

After about thirty minutes, he stepped away and admired his work. Almost everything was set for tonight.

He teleported back to the storeroom where the crates had been and found several balloons and streamers. Apparently, balloons and streamers were universal things.

He teleported back to the mess hall and started decorating. Soon, thanks to his shadow powers, he had streamers hanging from the rafters, and balloons tied to several different places around the hall. He was in the middle of setting up the final balloon when he heard a door open.

He instinctively turned invisible and spun around. It was Aurora. Apparently, she had had the same idea he did, except he had beaten her to the chase. Her eyes swept the room. Her mouth opened and closed. Then she whisked out the door.

Wraith suspected that she was going to go wake up the guardians. He had to stop her. He did not need to have Terrador in a mood this morning. He was pretty sure that it was safer to risk Aurora finding out about him than Terrador blasting boulders at everyone. He teleported back to the temple and leaned against a column, waiting. He didn't have to wait long.

Five minutes later, Aurora barged in. She glanced around the temple, obviously searching for the guardians.

"May I help you?" Wraith asked as he made himself visible.