Chapter 23: Preparations and Practice

Wraith POV

Wraith walked in through the temple doors. The lesson had been interesting, learning about battle tactics, but he had been ready to get out of there. His idea had been bugging him big time, and he needed to get it done. He had flown ahead of the others and landed at the temple. As soon as he had landed, he had turned back into his human form.

Wraith glanced around the temple. He could faintly hear talking in a room about three doors down a corridor, so he walked over and opened the door. The three guardians had been in a deep conversation.

"Wraith!" Volteer cried. "How are you?"

Wraith shrugged. "Tired a bit. I heard you guys talking about something. What was it?"

Cyril and Terrador exchanged glances. "We were trying to think of some sort of special event to do at the dance, but we can't think of anything."

Wraith grinned. "That's actually why I'm here. I have a few ideas."

Volteer beamed. "Alright then, Wraith, why don't you tell us?"

Instead of walking inside, Wraith shook his head and motioned for them to follow him. "Actually, I want to show you something."

Curious, the three guardians followed him to the pool of visions.

"Back in my world," Wraith began. "We used to have these things called sing offs at dances where singers would sing any song they wanted, and the crowd would choose which singer won."

Terrador shook his head. "But what about the music for the dance? We promised everyone that it would be something they had never heard before, but we can't figure out the right kind of music."

Wraith frowned. "Have you tried rock and roll?"

They stared at him. "What kind of music is it?" Volteer asked.

In answer, Wraith placed a hand on the pool of visions and concentrated. Centuries by Fall Out Boy started playing. He waited until the song was over, then retracted his hand.

Cyril was grinning. "I believe that we have found the perfect music for the dance."

"But how will we get that kind of music?" Volteer wondered.

Wraith grinned. "Terrador, can you get the best blacksmiths you've got along with the best song writers?"

Terrador nodded. "Give me a minute." He ran off while Wraith flipped his hood up and pulled up his mask.

Terrador returned thirty minutes later with a group of twelve moles and three cheetahs. He pointed at them. "These are the best of the best."

Wraith grinned. "Let's see what they can do." For the next hour, Wraith played a wide variety of songs from his world, and the cheetahs wrote down lyrics and notes. Then Wraith pulled up several images of guitars and drums, and the moles copied down designs. Within two more hours, everything was ready.

Wraith clapped his hands. "Alright everyone, get your assignments done, and then we will meet up tomorrow to see how everything goes."

Everyone nodded and trudged off until it was just Wraith and the Guardians.

Cyril gave Wraith an impressed nod. "Very well done, Wraith. I was impressed by how you took charge of the situation."

Wraith grinned. "Thanks. Well, I had better get going before the others start to wonder where I went. See you later." He spun and disappeared.