Chapter 26: Best Day of My Life

Darksield POV

It was time; the dance was in session. Or rather, it would be in ten minutes. He had decided to arrive early so that he could have first dibs on the food. He glanced around the hall. The torches that were set up in random spots around the hall provided just enough light to see. He grinned. This was going to be epic. Then his thoughts turned back to what he had said to the others as he had walked out the door. He wanted to kick himself. He should have just asked right then and there, but he had chickened out. Then he thought about Flame and Ember. He smiled.

He could definitely see something between them, even if they couldn't themselves. I guess that old saying is true, he thought. When two people are in love, it is everyone else who can see it, not them. His thoughts began to wander down that path. Was it possible or—

He cut himself off. No, he couldn't think like that. For now, he should just see what the party brings. The moles had been fast learners and were ready to play like a real band. He heard the doors open, and he turned. A crowd of dragons walked in. He grinned and started moving toward the dance floor. The dance had begun.

Cynder POV

One hour later, Cynder glanced around the dance and saw that Darksield had disappeared. That was strange; he had been there when she had arrived at the dance. Suddenly, the lights brightened on the stage. Everyone turned. It was Volteer.

"Attention, everyone!" the lightning guardian announced. "I have received a request for an event for today, and it is about to start. And now, here is the person who came up with the event idea."

He walked off stage, and Darksield walked on.

"Hello, everyone," he began. "I'm sure you're all wondering what this special event is. Well, I'm here to tell you. We are going to be doing a sing off."

Dragons started murmuring among themselves, wondering what a 'sing off' was. Cynder glanced over and saw Flame and Ember. Flame was clearly having the best day of his life, and Ember seemed like she was slowly warming up to him. She grinned. Looks like Darksield had been right. She started listening again.

"—and that's what a sing off is, any questions?" Darksield finished.

No one had any.

He grinned. "Great." He pointed with a claw toward a stack of papers near the edge of the stage. "Over there is a pile of song lyrics. Any of you may choose a song from the pile, or if you want to use a different one, go ahead."

Several dragons surged toward the pile. Cynder spotted Flame and Ember in the crowd of dragons and wondered what they were going to do. When everyone had finished grabbing song sheets, Darksield spoke up again. "Alright, everyone, who would like to go first?"

Several dragons raised their wings. He pointed at one in the crowd. "Alright then, I'll just shut up and walk off stage, so you can have the spotlight. But before you do..." He pointed toward one side of the stage. "Anyone else who wishes to sing can start a line over there." He walked off.

Darksield POV

Darksield weaved through the crowd. Most didn't pay him any mind, but a few gave him curious looks as he passed. Soon enough, he spotted Spyro and headed over. "Hey, Spyro."

He turned. "Hello, Darksield."

Darksield grinned. "So, are you going to go up and sing?"

Spyro hesitated. "I would, but I'm not sure what to sing."

The Darksield Chronicles, Book 1: Legend of SpyroOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara