"Am i going to die?" she whispered.

"No," i said. I hugged her tighter to my body and kissed all over her face. "You're fine, you're absolutely fine."

She closed her eyes. "I've never been in your room."

I chuckled. "No, I suppose you haven't." my room was a lot bigger than hers with white walls and black furniture. I had the same sized closet and bathroom as her. I found myself liking her room a lot more but that could just be because her scent fills that room. If i was lucky, her scent would linger in here as well.

"Is it safe to go to sleep?" she asked.

I nodded. "Of course. I'll watch over you." she fell asleep in my arms. I couldn't bring myself to let her go. Hours must have past when my door was opened. I snapped my head to the door growling at Darrian.

"My lord, we found someone in the woods. He seemed to have been watching the attack."

"Where is he?"

"The dungeon."

I nodded. I carefully set Alexa on the bed. She whimpered. I kissed the top of her head. I stood up and followed Darrian out of the room. "Are you alright?"

He nodded. "I'm fine, how's Alexa?"

"Mother got all the toxin from her body, she's weak right now but she'll be alright."

"Forgive me, i tried to protect her-"

"I know you did, it's not your fault." not wanting to wait any longer, we sped the rest of the way to the dungeon. The guards bowed their heads and opened the door for us. We walked past the empty cells to the back of the dungeon. There was a man chained to a chair in the center of the room. "Who is he?"

"We don't know, he won't speak."

I nodded. I rolled up my sleeves as i stepped in front of him. "I will ask nicely first," i said slowly. "But if you do not answer, i will simply compel you." i leaned down to be face to face with him. "Tell me your name," i compelled with a slight growl in my voice.

His fists clenched and his jaw tensed. "Ar.. a.. Arlo," he growled out.

I smirked. "That wasn't so hard was it?" i straightened myself up. I slowly walked around his chair. "You've clearly had training against compulsion but you have only trained against normal vampires. But i'm a royal. I'm the next king of the vampires. You cannot defy me."

"You are not my king," he growled.

"You're not a vampire so you're right, i'm not your king. You are a weak little human." i grabbed his neck and pushed him back, his chair tipping backwards. I started squeezing his neck, his face going purple. "You will tell me everything i want to know or i'll turn you into one of the creatures that attacked my mate."

Darrian put his hand on my shoulder. "He can't answer questions if he's dead."

I let him go and took a step back. "Who ordered the ambergiera attack on my mate?"

"It wasn't meant for your mate. It it was meant for you. The ambergieras got confused. You were meant to be with her but you weren't."

Darrian grabbed my arm and pulled me to the door. "If the attack was intended for you we need to put guards on you and not Alexa."

"My mate is my main priority. It's more important that she's protected." i turned back to the man. "Why is a measly human working with amberieras?" his head was limp. "No," i yelled, as the smell of almonds hit me. I ran to him. I pressed my fingers against his pulse feeling nothing. "Damnit."

"Fuck, i told the gaurds to check him for weapons," said Darrian. "Sebastian, i didn't even think about cyanide."

"I didn't either." i slammed my fist against the wall.  "I want two guards in front of the door and two on my balcony," i ordered. "And I want perimeter checks every hour and Alexa is to not go anywhere without a guard present."

He nodded. "Your mother already made the order."

"Good. dispose of the body, i need to be with Alexa."

"Right away sir."

I sped past him out of the dungeon and upstairs to my bedroom. There were two guards in front of my door. They allowed me in. i locked the door behind me. Alexa was peacefully asleep in my bed. Her breaths and heartbeat were even. I quietly laid down beside her. I pulled her to my chest wrapping my arm around her waist. I tucked my face into her neck letting her scent surround me. I stayed like this the rest of the night, just needing to be in her presence.