9

"Well hello beautiful," Nathaniel said with a smirk leaning against a tree.

I set down my book. "Hello prince Nathanial, to what do i owe this pleasure?"

"How would you like to get out of here for the night?"

"I highly doubt your brother would ever let me out of here," i said, pushing myself to stand. "Even just for the night."

He smirked. "I have my ways." he walked over to me until he was standing in front of me. "So? What do you say?"

"Where do you plan on taking me?"

His smirk seemed to grow. "It's a surprise. I'll have an outfit laid out for you later." he was gone within a second.

I grabbed my book and started making my way back to my room. Sebastian was on the stairs as i got there. "Alexa, i was just coming to see you."

"I was out in the garden."

I felt his hand on my lower back as we continued walking to my room. "Would you be interested in joining me for dinner?"

"Sure," i said. "But it wouldn't be a date. Just a casual dinner between acquaintances."

A wide smile formed on his face. "I'll grab you in an hour." he stole a quick kiss on the side of my head before leaving me alone. I walked into the room. I sat on my couch and read my book while i waited for Sebastian to come back. I walked over to my door when i heard the knock. Sebastian was standing there in a simple grey sweater and khakis. "Hungry?"

"Starving."

We walked downstairs to the formal dining room. There were two place settings at the long table, one at the end and the other next to it. He pulled out the end chair letting me sit. "Spinich stuffed salmon and roasted green beans."

"Looks delicious, thank you."

He sat down beside me. We both started eating. I noticed him staring at me the entire time. "I know you have no feelings for me," he said. I set down my fork and turned to look at him. "But, it would mean a lot to me if we could at least be friends?"

I smiled. "I could be friends."

"That would mean the world to me." we finished our dinner in quiet. When we were done, he walked me back up to my room. He kissed the side of my head. "Good night, mea soare."

"Good night Sebastian." i closed the door behind me. On my bed was a white box. I walked over and opened it. There was a two piece red skirt outfit and a pair of red stiletto heels. I changed into the outfit.

There was one knock at my door. I opened it to see Nathanial dressed in a perfectly fitted suit. I opened my mouth to speak but stopped when he put his finger to his lips. He grabbed my arms wrapping them around his neck. He put his hands on my hips before running us out of the palace. He stopped us right next to a limo out of sight of the palace. "Sorry for the theatrics but i didn't want Sebastian to hear you."

"I understand." he opened the door open for me. I slid into the limo. He slid in behind me. When the door closed, the driver took off. "So where are we going?"

"Some friends of mine told me of a club, it's supposed to be a hell of a good time."

"Are you sure Sebastian doesn't know i'm gone?"

"He will soon but i doubt he'll be able to find us."

he handed me a glass of champagne. He watched as i drank it. "Is it really smart of you to be sneaking out with your brother's mate?"

"Is it really smart of you to be sneaking out with your mate's brother?"

"Touche." We clicked our glasses and drank as we drove into the city. He got out and held his hand out for me. I placed my hand in his sliding out of the limo. I stayed close beside him as he walked us past the line and the bouncer.