34

I have been Queen and a vampire for a little over a year. My queenly duties were put on hold when Sebastian heard a heartbeat, our baby's heartbeat.

The nine months that I was pregnant, I was locked away in our bedroom. He was overly protective over me while I was pregnant. He didn't let an unmated male within ten feet of me, not even Nate.

Tonight was the first time Sebastian was letting me out. Tonight was the ball officially announcing our three month year old daughter Scarlett as the heir to the throne. Josephine insisted on having it as soon as she was born but I wanted time with her before having her surrounded by people.

I walked over to the crib in the corner of our bedroom. I picked Scarlett up holding her to my chest. She got her bright brown eyes from Sebastian and the little specks of blond hair from me. Scarlett has been the only person I've spent anytime with in the last three months. Sebastian locks himself away in his office working from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. He would kiss me good morning and kiss me goodnight. He would write me sweet notes to come with my food each day. I didn't doubt his love for me. I knew he loved me but lately I feel like I'm not a priority for him.

I kissed her cheek. I wiped the lipstick stain from her cheek. I chose a little white dress with red poppies on the waist and red petals on the ends. "My beautiful girls." i turned around to see Sebastian leaning against the door frame smiling at us.

"Hey you," i whispered.

He sped over to us. One arm wrapped my waist pulling me flush against his body. His finger lightly touched the side of my neck where he marked me. I gasped. I closed my eyes resting my head on his shoulder. "I've missed you," he whispered.

"I've missed you."

"I want you."

"I want you too but we have to get ready for the ball."

"Fuck," he growled. He kissed my cheek. "I'll meet you outside the ballroom okay?" Before I could reply, he had sped out of the bedroom.

I sighed. I bounced Scarlett on my hip. "Your daddy annoys me sometimes." i set her back down in her crib before walking into the closet. Hung up in the closet was my dress. it was a long red strapless dress that jutted out at the waist. There were lace designs covering the chest and scattered on the dress. I took it off the hanger before putting it on.

I kept the bathroom door open to watch Scarlett as i did my makeup. I did a simple red eyeliner and matching red lipstick. I slipped on my red heels. I grabbed Scarlett and walked out of the bedroom. "Hello your majesties," Darrian said.

"It's nice to finally see you again."

He smirked. "The king is just overprotective of the two of you, even when it comes to me."

"I know."

"May I?" He asked. I nodded. I handed Scarlett to him. The two of us walked to our entrance of the ballroom where sebastian was waiting for us.

Sebastian looked up. He growled. "Don't touch my daughter."

"Sebastian!" i said as i grabbed Scarlett from him. "What is wrong with you? Darrian would never hurt her and you know that."

"It's alright your majesty."

"No it's not," i said. I walked over to Sebastian. "You have been way too overprotective and overbearing lately. I haven't been allowed to leave the bedroom and the baby hasn't been around anyone but us."

"I can't help it. When a vampire turns their mate, the mate bond amplifies. i can't help but want you to myself."

"Bash, i love you but i'm tired of being locked away."