Goodbye

Mary Alice agreed to send Elena, Jeremy, and Caroline back. Jeremy and Caroline are packing the stuff they want to take back with them. Elena already did so she was alone with Mary Alice waiting for the others.

"Samara, you should go tell them the truth and goodbye. You should tell Kol separately." Mary Alice insisted.

"Do I tell him that I love him? Do I tell him of his child?" Elena was nervous.

"Yes. Now go to your family. I've sent everyone over to the mansion except Kol. He doesn't know."

"Thank you." Elena smiled nervously and flashed away.

She went to the others first at the mansion with Carolina and Jeremy. She walked in and sat down. She inhaled deeply then she told them everything. They were all shocked but they didn't care about what would happen only what has happened. They still felt the same for Elena and would miss her. They were also excited that they would be aunt and uncles. They promised not to change anything and they all hugged bye. Jeremy and Caroline went to the cemetery while Elena went to see Kol.

She leaned in the door frame of his room and she knocked on the wall. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with his head down. It shot up when he heard the knock.

"Samara." Kol stood up and faced her.

"I'm just here to say goodbye. We're leaving, we finally have a witch sending us back." Elena paused and Kol nodded. "I needed to tell you something else that will come as a huge shock to you. You should sit." She motioned to the bed. When he sat she walked over and sat next to him. "Wow, this really hard." She nervously laughed and grabbed his hand. He looked at her hand then went back to staring into her eyes.

"Kol, I'm pregnant with your baby." Elena said quickly scared of his reaction. His eyes widened.

"That's impossible. How? That doesn't make sense." Elena explained how it happened. He was going to be a father in the future. He couldn't believe it. They were now standing. "I have to go now." She paused and hesitated before saying "Goodbye, Kol. I love you." She started to walk out but he grabbed her and spun her around. He passionately kissed her and held her in his arms. That was a sincere kiss and Elena knew it. Her hands tangled in his hair as she pulled him closer. He pulled away and looked at her with his hands on her hips. He lightly stroked her cheek and looked deep into her eyes. "You don't know how long I've been waiting and wanting to do that." She opened her mouth to speak but he put a finger to her lips and "sh" her.

"Don't talk, love. Just go." He whispered and closed his eyes. "I love you, Elena." He whispered. He couldn't feel her on his arms. He opened his eyes and she was gone. Kol put two fingers on his lips. Kol smiled, he could tell in her kiss she forgave him.

Elena went to the cemetery. Jeremy, Caroline, and Mary Alice were waiting.

"How did go?" Mary Alice asked Elena.

"Surprisingly, pretty well. Before we leave, Mary Alice I will also miss you. You're a really good friend." Elena smiled.  Mary Alice smiled back. "I'll miss you too." She said. She told them to join hands and she started the spell. They saw a flash of white light and then everything went black.

Elena groaned as she sat up. She looked around her and saw Jeremy and Caroline were lying on the ground next to her. She recognized the room. It was the one at the hotel. Elena looked at her clothes. She looked like she was fresh out of 1914, technically they were. Jeremy and Caroline groaned as they sat up.

"We're back." Elena said looking at them. They both looked around the room then smile. Their memories were altered but they still had the old ones. They could hear people downstairs. They heard Alaric, Damon, Stefan, Bonnie, Jo, Tyler, Liv, Luke, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Marcel, and Kol. They were reading threw spellbooks trying to find the spell to bring the three back. Kol and Damon were arguing and Stefan was trying to calm them down.

The three stood up and walked out of the room then walked downstairs. They walked into the room they were in. They didn't notice. Elena smirked.

"We're gone a few days and the people that hate each other most are working together." She paused. They all were starting at them. "Except you two. Maybe we should get sent back in time more often." She said motioning to Kol and Damon. The looked at Caroline and Jeremy. They started to giggle. They walked more into the room. Bonnie ran to hug Elena. Followed by Alaric, Tyler, Jo, Liv, and Luke. After hugging Elena they went straight to Jeremy and Caroline. After Rebekah pulled Elena in for a hug. This confused everyone except Caroline, Jeremy, Klaus, Elijah, and Kol. After Rebekah released her she smiled and continued to Jeremy and Caroline. Elijah hugged Elena followed by, Marcel, and Klaus and then went to Jeremy and Caroline as well. Everyone else remained in shock. Kol just stood there with a blank expression and his head held high.

"What is going on, Elena?" Damon questioned giving the Originals a look of disgust. "You're hugging our enemies." Elena sighed.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you all later. Damon, I want you to know I remember everything, but I can't be with you." Elena said with an exhausted smile then it faded. She turned to Kol. He stared at her. Elena wasn't sure if he was going to do something or just stand there.

"Kol, I don't know what to say." She said. Everyone was intently staring at them.

"You don't have to say anything." He answered.

"You and I-" she was cut off by his lips. He cupped her face in his hands. Everyone was shocked except the originals. Elena held on to his wrists. He pulled away and they were looking in each others eyes.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to do that again." Kol stroked her cheek. She smiled.

"Since you compelled me a few days before we were sent to the past." She joked and he slightly laughed. He nodded and looked past her. Everyone was staring and they both forgot they were being watched. They both turned to face everyone. Kol pulled away from Elena and he walked over to Jeremy and hugged him. "Good to see you, mate." Kol said as they pulled away. Everyone's mouths dropped.

"Let's go back to New Orleans and Elena will tell you the whole story." Klaus said and they all grabbed their stuff and took off for New Orleans.